OGXbox.com

EvolutionX Slow Scrolling Speed

Sceriffo

Hi dear.

As primary dash I use UnleashX, but for some games I enjoy some trainer use so I set up EvolutionX and I launch it when I need to apply a trainer (Xored Launcher 2.2 just crashes on splash screen with lots of trainer files in folder).

However EvolutionX is extremely slooooow to scroll up and down. Is there something I'm missing, like a parameter to set or a .ini variable, to scroll the list faster?

Thank you, have a nice day

Sceriffo

It is naturally very slow compared to UnleashX or XBMC but UnleashX also gets slower the more you have on the Xbox.

I was reminded of this recently when using a machine that I softmodded but otherwise is practically retail state in terms of hardware, content and using a SD (480i) connection. The UnleashX dash navigation is positively zippy - dialogue boxes almost snap into place rather than gracefully animated down the screen as they do on on my main gaming Xbox with a two thirds full 320 HDD SATA and displaying at 480p.

With XBMC it depends on the skin - one of the things done to the Xbox-Classic skin, which was updated 5 or more years ago to work better with the v3.0 series XBMCs, was to tweak the navigation speed. No idea how it was done but it significantly improved that and even made using 1080i an 'acceptable' experience for some purposes. 

If you're using Evox at 480p or 720p increasing navigation slowness is to be expected.

Edited by HDShadow

Thanks to all. I'm in EU, and I'm using the classic composite 3-RCA cable. Still in search of a good SCART cable at a reasonable price. So I'm not in hi-res mode.

UnleashX have a very very good scrolling behaviour. Normal with DPAD/triggers and fast with analog sticks. It's simply perfect.

After I finish (I hope soon) a work-related online meeting I'm going to try, I'll try to hold trigger while scrolling, but I think I did already try to do that. But I'll check again.

Thank you all,

Sceriffo

On 4/10/2020 at 5:56 PM, HDShadow said:

My point was UnleashX navigates/scrolls much faster than Evox by default but definitely slows down the more there is on the HDD whatever the resolution used. You will only see that in direct comparison.

Evox may slow down more too, I've never tested that.  

I tried last night, and I can tell that while keeping the L trigger pressed scrolling up and down with DPAD it goes faster!

Great!

I perhaps should have specified the drop down menus in File Explorer and dialogue boxes when you're copying/deleting etc. As the Xbox HDD fills up those animate slower and slower. The skin list takes far longer to load if you have as many skins as I do (700+) but once loaded you can scroll though it almost as fast as 'normal'.

If you're using a resolution higher than 480p you see that animation slow down more and more. UnleashX using 1080i performs and looks horrible because of this even with a relatively empty HDD.