OGXbox.com

1.4 Board My First Tsop Flash

Smeagolized

Yep 

You need the flash enable links on the board the put the bios your planning on using at C:/bios via ftp

FTP the Xblast as well if need be the C drive.

You then boot and then run Xblast then settings,flash menu,HDD Flash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

14 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Yep 

You need the flash enable links on the board the put the bios your planning on using at C:/bios via ftp

FTP the Xblast as well if need be the C drive.

You then boot and then run Xblast then settings,flash menu,HDD Flash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

What bios would you recommend me to flash?

You can install HexIns (found in HeXEn > Stockfiles) to the HDD by FTP. It must be located: E:\HexIns not in Apps.

I did that myself with my first and so far only TSOP because the Xbox I was using, bought specifically for the purpose, came with a dodgy DVD drive. It actually failed completely shortly afterwards. Worked perfectly for a Winbond flash on a v1.4 - walks you through it.

Unless you're desperate for a configuration file to mess around with you cannot do better than one of the EvoX M8+ 137 versions. If your DVD drive is not working there are a couple of EvoxM8+ BIOS included in TruHeXEn 2019 marked as "nodvd" which might be a good option if your DVD drive is borked. I'd assume they're 256K but that does need to be confirmed.

Unfortunately, I've just checked, and TruHeXEn 2019 does not include HexIns. That is found in HeXen 2017 and, I think, the 2018 update. 

• 1 month later...

I don't want to open a new thread, but have a chipped 1.4 with 60GB HDD,that I have to remove to install it on another console, in addition to doing the 2 points for the flash of the TSOP there are other tricks I would not want to do a bad flash?

Edited by aries

To flash the TSOP you need to boot from the TSOP and remember to use a 256kb bios for the TSOP chip something like an  X2-4981.67 or a Evox M8

So the xbox will need to boot from the hard drive without the chip fitted and to run the software to flash it you will need to have it softmodded.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

If you have a Winbond chip unfortunately Xblast can not flash it I use a an app called raincoat that can be run from a HDD or most install DVD's have a flash program on them that can flash a winbond chip.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.