OGXbox.com

Nulled Wrong Xbox

C64MidRezzie

I accidentally nulled a stock Xbox - I forgot I had a 500gb drive locked to the original eeprom - I still have the original eeprom backed up - is there a way to:

1. To the original eeprom to the Xbox 

OR

2. Null the eeprom on the 500gb drive 

I have an ide pc and HDM v1.9 if that helps?

thanks

On 4/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, C64MidRezzie said:

I accidentally nulled a stock Xbox - I forgot I had a 500gb drive locked to the original eeprom - I still have the original eeprom backed up - is there a way to:

1. To the original eeprom to the Xbox 

OR

2. Null the eeprom on the 500gb drive 

I have an ide pc and HDM v1.9 if that helps?

thanks

Raspberry Pi and PiPROM is what saved my ass. https://github.com/grimdoomer/PiPROM

Worked for me on the first try with a Raspberry Pi 3B+

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-3-model-b-plus/

The configuration EEPROM is on the Xbox motherboard. It is an 8-pin surface mount 2048-bit serial EEPROM. It holds 256 bytes of configuration information. 

The hard drive has stored on it the ATA Security password the Xbox computed based on the configuration EEPROM's HDDKey, the hard drive model and serial number.

You either need to update the configuration EEPROM's encrypted and signed data by editing a copy of the eeprom.bin backup (only edit a copy of it not the original) with LiveInfo_Beta_3-Xbox_v1.6-Yoshihiro.rar to change the HDDKey to 0 (NULL it) instead of the original unique value. Save the updated NULL'd eeprom.bin file and write it to the Xbox's configuration EEPROM.  You can use a serial EEPROM reader/writer, PC with a 9-pin serial port and PonyProg software or a Raspberry Pi and PiPROM software.

Or, unlock then relock the hard drive with the password computed from NULLing the HDDkey of your original eeprom.bin backup.  This requires some manual intervention on your part, not using the scripts of XboxHDM23USB, to unlock then lock the hard drive using smartctl.exe version 6.2 from XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 or 3 to do so.  

Okay so problem solved - probably a quicker way to do this but I connected the 500GB to my pc and unlocked it using HDM V1.9 as I had a backup of my original eeprom. Took the unlocked drive - set it as slave - and hotswapped it using Chimp. Locked the slave drive using TEAMASSEMBLY password as that is the password that appears when you null your drive (Rocky 5 Disk Utility). I then set the jumper to cable select and booted it up in the xbox and now its working perfectly. I have access to all the games on my 500GB drive. Thanks for all the help guys.

• 2 weeks later...