OGXbox.com

Just Getting Back To My Original Xbox

Anolithma

Hi. 

I just took out my old crystal xbox with xecuter 3 chip, so I can show my kids how it was for me, and see what has changed in the game-scene :)

Sadly I keep getting the 07 HDD error, so I am going to install a new drive. Just popped in here, so I can figure out how to do it :)

Hello Anolithma

You will need a Install disk to setup the new hard drive

Download and burn a install disk to a DVD-r disk and set the writing speed as slow as possible, Then load the disk and power cycle the Xbox it will then prompt you from there.

I use Slayers 2.7 as a preference but other using  Hexen 2017,18,19 with the latest been TruHexen there is other's as well and some that are tailored to different languages.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

If you have the X3 BIOS installed on the X3 modchip, you can use the X3 Config Live > Disk Tools menu options to format a new hard drive.  And, FTP to the console, username: x3 and password: x3, to install a replacement dashboard to it.  The IP address to FTP to is shown on the X3 Config Live screen:

spacer.png

For more information on using the X3 modchip and BIOS, see: http://x3.bustedchain.com.

Note: The X3 BIOS will not properly format a new hard drive's extended partitions if they are over 256GBs in size. I believe it only supports formatting the extended partitions using 16KB clusters, not 32KB required for partitions >256GBs up to 512GB. or 64KB clsuters required for partitions >512GBs to 1,024GBs (1TB).

If the hard drive is too big, you will need to reformat the extended partitions with XBPartitoner v1.3 before you store data to them.  Once too much is written, the partition(s) will become corrupted.

Enable the Use Saved Partition Table option in the New Hard Drive Upgrade submenu settings so you can use the larger than 256GB extended partitions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again. 

(Maybe moderator should move this thread and rename subject..?)

I installed the new disk, and started the Xecuter in bank 1234 (on on off off) with the hexen 2018 disk in the drive. I then got the same screen as i did before (black screen / White font) , but this time it said error code 09.

Should I flash the bios again? I don`t remember much from the old days, when I installed the chip, so this is all new to me again 🙈