OGXbox.com

XBox Region Change Won't Save

moreno9

I have a Xbox classic and I need to change its region from PATL to NTSC to enable the HD on xbox and yes, I am using Component Cable and I am sure the cable works fine. I have used the enigma program to change it. It says "press A for PAL or press B for NTSC". I do press B but when I reeboot the console with the key combination triggers + white /black button the region won't change. I enter again on enigma and the region remains "PAL". I enter on the original dashboard, I went to Settings and the option to set the 480p. 720p and 1080i won't appear.

Someone told me about the Shadow C thingy but I don't know what is that and how can I do something to Shadow C.

Please help me. I don't know what's wrong. Thanks.

How is your console modded? Soft or hard mod?

Must be softmodded with a virtual EEPROM (copy in memory) enabled.

If softmodded, which softmod package was used: Xbox Softmodding Tool or Softmod Installer Deluxe, etc.?

If you used the Xbox Softmodding Tool, use the NKPatcher Settings app to change the region.  It will modify the real EEPROM chip on the motherboard instead of the virtual EEPROM in memory that gets reset when you power cycle the console.

6 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

How is your console modded? Soft or hard mod?

Must be softmodded with a virtual EEPROM (copy in memory) enabled.

If softmodded, which softmod package was used: Xbox Softmodding Tool or Softmod Installer Deluxe, etc.?

If you used the Xbox Softmodding Tool, use the NKPatcher Settings app to change the region.  It will modify the real EEPROM chip on the motherboard instead of the virtual EEPROM in memory that gets reset when you power cycle the console.

I used the installer deluxe

With SID/AID you have Virtual C+Eeeprom or Virtual C + Eeprom HD boot options apart from the standard single boot ones.

As said on another forum there should be a method or tool available to unmount the virtual C drive.

The AID manual refers to, presumably a menu option or an option on the AID disc, for unmounting  the Virtual C drive. I have never seen or used that so I can not tell you where it is or how you use it. 

I think it uses NKPatcher code, so you can place a file (upload it) to the Xbox's E drive to disable the virtual EEPROM.

• E:\NKP11\eeprom_off.bin (if the NKP11 folder doesn't exist, create it.)
  • It might need to be in the root of the E drive instead of in the NKP11 subfolder.

eeprom_off.bin is an empty file. NKPatcher code looks for a file of that name to disable the softmod's virtual EEPROM use.  After uploading the file, reboot the console. It's presence should turn off the virtual EEPROM so any changes made by tools to the EEPROM settings such as EnigmaH does to switch video regions.  Therefore, the app can now actually write to the hardware instead of the in-memory copy (virtual) EEPROM.

• Like 1