OGXbox.com

Tried Search but No Luck Lpc Repair

eAkGBG

Ok I one of my xboxes just stopped working. I started desolder the pin header and my vellman vacuum pump ruined a few traces. So now I wonder where to solder the new wires.

IMG-0318.jpg IMG-0317.jpg

And should I cut the traces close to the solder points where it looks a little bit sketchy.

I want to repair the visa for pin header and put some wires where it seems like I may have ruined the traces or what you call them.

And also another question what is required for being able to download files in file section?

Edited by eAkGBG
Fixed image upload

Not much help that one just shows where to put the wires back again which I desoldered. After removing the pin header and putting it back I get new error holding power button flashes orange 1 or two times and no video then console power down. I want to first restore console to boot without Aladdin mod chip. ok I found pinout of that lpc port image search google. 

Can you bridge the clock capacitor solder pads with wire and remove the cap on 1.6 xbox or it has too be replaced with another super capacitor?

IMG-0319.jpg

Edited by eAkGBG

As far as I know v1.6 motherboards do not have clock capacitors. I am lost on the question you have at the moment.

What I understand is you damaged the LPC PCB through solder joint trace. 

If so I question what that  would even do  given a trace is likely cut for POST operation.

A fiberglass pen to expose a good section of the trace with new wire should correct the issue.

6 hours ago, eAkGBG said:

Ok I one of my xboxes just stopped working. I started desolder the pin header and my vellman vacuum pump ruined a few traces. So now I wonder where to solder the new wires.

IMG-0318.jpg IMG-0317.jpg

And should I cut the traces close to the solder points where it looks a little bit sketchy.

I want to repair the visa for pin header and put some wires where it seems like I may have ruined the traces or what you call them.

And also another question what is required for being able to download files in file section?

Hello eAkGBG

It looks a like a trace has been cut 

IMG-0317.thumb.jpg.de88b5debfdf4402f056a37f308fe42c.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I put that cable because it looked like many it was cut but removed it later. 

Where you point to broken trace I also put a wire to jump between where mod chip connection solders and small via. found next to pin header.

I also replaced a transistor. next to clock cap. But I guess best practice to remove the copper trace around the solder pad that look sketchy?

There seem to be some fault with Xbox BIOS. console acts all weird. 

when I google all info I get is stop mod for older revision xbox. I was thinking maybe to just take the bios from a donor board and solder it to this one. But don't know what chip to desolder.

is there any error codes on the screen or whats the leds in the eject ring doing what sort of flashes fan running?

do you have a multi meter?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

It changes but now if I press power it flashes orange in different ways and shuts down. Inserting mod chip in other xbox tells me it's broken. But was working before. Will try reflash ship by hot swapping. But believe it's dead. I'm to afraid to stick the other mod chip inside if it won't boot without mod chip 

17 hours ago, eAkGBG said:

Not much help that one just shows where to put the wires back again which I desoldered. After removing the pin header and putting it back I get new error holding power button flashes orange 1 or two times and no video then console power down. I want to first restore console to boot without Aladdin mod chip. ok I found pinout of that lpc port image search google. 

Can you bridge the clock capacitor solder pads with wire and remove the cap on 1.6 xbox or it has too be replaced with another super capacitor?

IMG-0319.jpg

Removal of the clock capacitor is not necessary on 1.6 consoles. It is the only board revision where Microsoft addressed the issue.

The clock cap on a version 1.6 is the gold colored one near the 40 pin connector for the drives ansd in the pics you have posted it looks fine.

Can you postost a pic of the whole board?

Cheers

SS Dave

2 minutes ago, eAkGBG said:

are you sure because 2 of mine starting to grow.

Everything I have read on the issue exempts 1.6 and 1.6b consoles from having the clock cap issue. After searching further I found several instances of the 1.6 clock cap bulging but no mention of leaking and there was also mention that a 1.6 console will not boot with the clock capacitor removed. From the picture you posted yours looks perfectly fine. I would honestly leave it.

"V1.6 Xbox the EEPROM is next to the LPC debug port labeled U7D1. (V1.0-v1.5 Xboxes the EEPROM is labeled U7C2. See attached photos.) 

• U = First letter identifier for an integrated circuit (inseparable assembly)
    • Other device type identifiers used on the Xbox printed circuit boards (PCBs):
      • R = resistor, 
      • RP = resistor pack, 
      • RT = thermistor, 
      • C = capacitor, 
      • L = inductor, 
      • Q = transistor, 
      • Y = oscillator, 
      • D = diode, 
      • CR = current rectifier (diodes), 
      • J = connector, 
      • SW = switch, 
      • LED = light emitting diode, 
      • FB = Ferrite Bead, 
      • DB = ?? DBPAD - Test Point ??, 
      • LB = label (e.g., serial number sticker) 
  • 7D = location on PCB, look at the edges of the board for the number and letter sections.
    • 1A is located on the PCB's back right corner while looking at an Xbox sitting on a table with the front panel, controller ports and power/ejects buttons, facing you.
    • A-G rows - labeled along the left and right-hand edges of the PCB.
    • 1-8 columns - labeled along the top (furthest from you) and bottom (nearest to you) edges of the PCB.
  • 1 = unique number assigned to devices of the same type in this section of the PCB.

AtMel serial EEPROM datasheet attached below. The original Xbox uses a 2Kbit (256 x 8 bit) serial EEPROM to hold unique console configuration information. 

For information on the Xbox's EEPROM content, visit xboxdevwiki.net's EEPROM page.
 "

Found this information googling

Is there a point in trying transplant of the atmel eprom from donar board? if orange flashing is EEPROM error?