OGXbox.com

Popping a Chrystal Cherry

bob

is this a crime - cant be many left unopened - - any tips on best paint to use ( UK based ) cant seem to get any decent rustoleum 2 x without dropping £40 a can on Amazon ) looking to go white on the donor - and Renault red on the chrystal. ta in advance for suggestions thoughts.

IMG_20171127_184925.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Although crystal Xbox are common enough and hardly limited I don't see the point in painting one , I picked up a working crystal beginning of the year for £5 and a black console with controller, leads and 20 games for a tenner two weeks ago. I would pick up a faulty black unit to paint and sell the crystal case to help cover costs.. you can do lots to a black case see pic.

IMG_1023.JPG

On 12/27/2017 at 10:24 PM, Brennyg Davies said:

Although crystal Xbox are common enough and hardly limited I don't see the point in painting one , I picked up a working crystal beginning of the year for £5 and a black console with controller, leads and 20 games for a tenner two weeks ago. I would pick up a faulty black unit to paint and sell the crystal case to help cover costs.. you can do lots to a black case see pic.

IMG_1023.JPG

NICE ONE BENNYG

On 11/27/2017 at 2:03 PM, bob said:

is this a crime - cant be many left unopened - - any tips on best paint to use ( UK based ) cant seem to get any decent rustoleum 2 x without dropping £40 a can on Amazon ) looking to go white on the donor - and Renault red on the chrystal. ta in advance for suggestions thoughts.

IMG_20171127_184925.jpg

AND BOB BTW,

I would trade you a black if you dont wanna catch any disapproval for painting a chrystal.... heheehhee ill throw in some cash. msg me

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

They are quite common in the UK too. I have several and my orginal still in its box :)

That said the retro tax has begun to creep in and is pushing prices up.

Carboot and garage sales seem to be the best bet as people usually have no clue on values.

spraying clear boxes from the inside with clear spray is a winner though.

Edited by big F
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...