OGXbox.com

Amd Duox2 Modded XBox Malfunction

alerdr

Hello everybody, I have a problem with my old xbox with amd duox2 modchip.. i would be happy if anyone could help..

(sorry my english, i'm not a native speaker)

I stopped using this xbox years ago because the DVD tray open and close casually, with no input from me (-> MAIN PROBLEM).

Yesterday I decided to fix it: since every weld looked ok but the motherboard was very dusty, I tried to clean it up gently with compressed air and remove welding dirt from motherboard with the help of a cotton stick and alcohol.

BEFORE the cleaning:

- xbox powered up booting customer bios every time i plug it to the power, I could switch off by pushing the eject button;

- xbox powered up with original bios if I switch off (pushing eject button) and then again switch on by pushing the eject button;

- the power on/off button (smaller one) never worked as I can remember;

- DVD tray open and close casually (and continuosly), with no input from me, with both bios.

AFTER the cleaning:

- xbox no more power up when I plug it to the power (no blinking led light on the modchip);

- xbox powered up with original bios if I switch on by pushing the eject button;

- xbox power on/off button (smaller one) still doesn't work;

- DVD tray still open and close casually (and continuosly), with no input from me.

Since I didn't mod the xbox by myself at the time, I looked some tutorial but I didn't find anyone using my setup. I don't know why I have BT point welded to the front panel..

When the xbox was modded everything worked fine for a while, then I remember I got some problems and a friend did something at the weld on the motherboard.. I can't remember exactly (>15 years ago). I'm not an expert but it seems to me that there is a bad connection somewhere..

Are there anything I can try to find the problem? Can I simply remove/unweld the modchip and get the xbox work like when it was original?

THX

203472378_WhatsAppImage2020-04-02at15_28_33.thumb.jpeg.fa5d974a8f83974cbc1f730487e97b68.jpeg

973579665_WhatsAppImage2020-04-02at15_28.33(1).thumb.jpeg.fa2f3143e370fdedd480938238cc57f8.jpeg

photo_2020-04-02_16-02-30.jpg.054109dadb97b7466526c3daca23052a.jpgphoto_2020-04-02_16-02-35.jpg.5b8afb70226cd0747c1badb3baa4fda2.jpg

Edited by alerdr
added some images