OGXbox.com

Good day I realise that this subject has been covered before and I am not new to the scene but I haven't  messed around with my xbox for years until last night when I finally cloned and upgraded my hard drive to a 320gb drive.

Used hexen 2018 disc but now harddrive has lba48 issue therefore I need to update my executer v2 bios. Currently running this at ver 4983.67 the lab on xbox partitioned is ver 0.

My xbox is a 2002 model v1.1 pal and I cannot remember where to obtain the latest bios and how to perform the flash. I installed the executer 2 back in the day and 18 years later I've forgotten how to do all this stuff. Age has got the better of me but I'm sure I will understand it if some kind folks could help me out. Yep I do want to put games on the hard drive so my boy can play them more easily. 

Please assist

Thanks in advance

Tekxan

Oh I'm in South Africa these days but originally from UK

Xbox bios info.jpg

What LB48 issue? According to the BIOS features table you can find Xecuter 2 v4983 although old has LB48 support.

Find and install either Chimp 261812 or XBPartitioner v1.3 (must be this version).

I'd use XBPartitioner v1.3 in this case - launch it and see what it says for the Extended Partitions 6. That is the F:\ drive. With a 320GB HDD it should be showing 256+GiB (typically around 290GB) but I'd suspect from the problem you're talking about it is under 137GiB. You're wondering where the rest of the space has gone, blaming it on the BIOS LB48 support or lack of that. What you're actually experiencing is likely a a simple extended partitioning issue.

Be aware that anything already on the F:\ drive will be erased by re-partitioning.

You can use XBPartitioner v1.3 menu tools to format the extended partition(s) correctly and your missing HDD space should appear.

Personally I use Chimp 261812 > Master drive options > Format extended partitions for this purpose as it has a safer and more user friendly GUI. With a HDD that size a G:\ partition is pointless so use the allocate all free space to F:\ option whichever tool you use. Check the F:\ partition you've created is using the correct cluster size just to be certain: it should show as 32KB for any partition between 256GiB and 5012GiB.

With Chimp 261812 that information is found in the Master drive options > Partition Information. With XBP you should see a "32" alongside Extended Partition 6.

Ok thank you. I'll  take a look tonight. Pretty sure I have that version of chimp if it is indeed the one found on the hexen 2018 iso. I'll revert to you once I've looked at this properly but again thanks for giving direction. I did use xbpartitioner 1.3 and it was this that reported the lba issue. 320 GB drive shows up around 290. Press A and it splits it into 2 120gb but even then when I go to activate the partitioning process I get the error

LBA48 info not found! Custom partitions will not work with this Bios! Update your Bios to one which supports at least LBA48 version 2. "

Forget the attached pic I just couldn't delete sorry

Regards

Sorry in my first post I failed to mention that the lba was ver 0. Autocorrect on cell phone changed it to lab... my bag. The  problem message in my last but one post shows up after I attempted to partition it with xbox partitioned 1.3.  After using chimp the report indicates all is now well though I dont know about those virtual partitions listed  

After rebooting the xbox my f drive shows up as 129gb in slayer dashboard so go figure.

Edited by Tekxan

Everything looks as it should do as far as Chimp is concerned. The virtual partitions I think you mean X, Y and Z are permanently reserved, matching drive partition space for cache game content. Many games write to one or more when you first boot them and the content will stay their until over-written. So don't be surprised if your file manager shows reduced free space for any of them.

Do not mess around with X, Y or Z, because if you do something stupid, as I once did when one was reporting incorrect cluster size with an old version of Chimp, and reformatted it you'll lose the whole of the F:\drive content and G:\ drive too, if used, and have to reformat the extended partitions again.

I don't know the Slayers Dash so why it is still reporting F:\ as just 129GB I do not know.

Try installing an UnleashX dash as an app and see what that reports. Just create an UnleashX named folder in Apps and copy in a default dash XBE from any  UnleashX source. Name it "default.xbe" and on reboot you should see it in your Apps lists as UnleashX Dashboard Launcher or something similar. When booted the default skin should show, by default, the F:\ drive free space. If not check that the F:\ drive is enabled in the system settings.

If you're still not getting the free space reported correctly then the BIOS is the likely culprit.

There's actually another thread here about a very similar matter with X2.4981 and HeXEn so await KaosEngineer's response before doing anything as regards re-flashing the BIOS. If it turns out HeXEn's X2 BIOS versions do not support LB48 it'll be very surprising but would explain both problems.

There does seem to be a problem with the X2, edit - not X3 as posted originally, 4981 and 4983 BIOSes and support for LBA48 v3.

It's not supported! Do not use either of these BIOS versions for huge hard drives that would use a partition of > 512GBs. With the .06 version F limited to <512GBs. Or with the .67 version F will be limited to ~130GBs and G takes the rest up to 512GBs (32KB cluster size).  [NOTE: These are my current understandings. More research needs to be done on the particulars of using the X2 4981 or 4983 BIOSes. They definitely DO NOT read a partition table from the hard drive.  LBA48 v0 support only.]

The minimum version release of an X2 BIOS that supports LBA48 v3 is X2 5035.

From my current research, the following BIOSes: 

• 4981.06_256k.bin
  • 4981.06_256k.bin
  • x2_4983.06_256k.bin
  • x2_4983.67_256k.bin

cannot [edit: easily] be patched to add the latest LBA48 v3 support. Edit: There is no a patch for them.

Note: Team Xecuter's X2 4981 and 4983 BIOSes only support v1.0-1.5 Xbox consoles.  Do NOT flash them to a modchip installed in a v1.6 console.

FIX

Use a different BIOS! 

M8plus from HeXEn 2018 that's patched with LBA48 v3 support.

Or, X2 5035_vOld_512KB.bin which however is not on the HeXEn 2018 disc

Or, iND-BiOS 5003.67 which is on the HeXEn 2018 disc.

Note: Team Xecuter's distribution archive contains both a v1.0-1.5 - X2 5035_vOld_512KB.bin and a v1.6 -  x2_5035_v16plus_512k.bin BIOS. The default LBA48 configuration of these BIOSes is set to .06 - F gets all.  However, the LBA48 patch in these BIOSes is v3.

From the X2.5035.rar archive's lba48.txt file:

lba48 partition modes: 

0 = standard partitions 
1 = F: gets all (Default)
2 = F: up to 137gb, G: gets rest
3 = F: up to 137gb, no G:

You have to patch 0,1,2 or 3 value at offset 0x1b04 (if you wanna hex dit manually)

However there are tools for lba48 patching and ini file creation - they can be found here:

http://home.alltel.net/nghtshd/x2ool.html
http://x-projects.xbox-scene.com/

//end lba48.txt

However, if you write an Xbox partition table to the hard drive with XBPartitioner v1.3, the table's configuration overrides the BIOS's default 06 configuration.

Good day folks and many thanks for all the detailed and helpful  information. Although it hasn't all sunk in yet as I need some time to digest what I need to apply. I haven't  attempted at reflashing the bios as I was waiting for further info before doing so. Thanks kaos.

My F drive obviously still displays as 120gb not the full 320gb and will remain so until I update the executer bios with the appropriate  flash and format the drive but not with xbpartioner if I read correctly. So what do I need to use if not this program please?