OGXbox.com

Error 09 After Ide Cable Upgrade.

Craiguk

Hi everyone, my IDE cable upgrade finally come after faffing about trying to get it to fit I get error 09, swapped back to stock IDE boots perfectly.  I've attached a screenshot of the cable I used and people in the reviews say it worked for them but I'm not sure there true as the IDE connectors seam the wrong way round. 

Thanks all for your advice. 

Screenshot_20200401_185853_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

47 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which color ends did you connect to the motherboard and hard drive?

If you have the ends wrong, Cable Select will no longer work and you have to set the hard drive or IDE-to-SATA adapter as MASTER.

Screenshot_20200402_073401.thumb.jpg.49e55935c19a9a13e957ad183ee049ef.jpg

Black to mother board, grey to the DVD Rom which I had a twist 180 as the notch was the wrong way round and blue to the  HDD, that's the only way it would fit.  From left starting with black all the notches are on the left if it's lay flat looking at it. I haven't got my Sata adapter still waiting for delivery but I did just the the IDE upgrade in a old crystal xbox 15 years ago and it worked first time mate. 

3 hours ago, Craiguk said:

Screenshot_20200402_073401.thumb.jpg.49e55935c19a9a13e957ad183ee049ef.jpg

Black to mother board, grey to the DVD Rom which I had a twist 180 as the notch was the wrong way round and blue to the  HDD, that's the only way it would fit.  From left starting with black all the notches are on the left if it's lay flat looking at it. I haven't got my Sata adapter still waiting for delivery but I did just the the IDE upgrade in a old crystal xbox 15 years ago and it worked first time mate. 

Yes, a standard PC cable doesn't fit with cable connectors as the locations they are meant to be installed at.  Blue is to be the host (motherboard), Grey - IDE SLAVE device (DVD) and Black - IDE MASTER device (Hard drive).

However, in the Xbox, the cable is flipped end-over-end so black connects to the motherboard and blue to the hard drive/IDE-to-SATA adapter. Doing so defeats the cable's built-in CABLE SELECT function; therefore, you have to set the hard drive to MASTER instead of Cable Select.

Thanks for the information mate I wired it Black to motherboard blue to HDD and Grey to the DVD drive didn't use Sata adapter as I'm waiting for it to come just changed the cable and get Error 09, thanks for your help pal I appreciate it. 

Edited by Craiguk