OGXbox.com

Off Brand XBox Controller the Reason for Roms Not Opening? Or Something Else?

Dnoble2989

Hi, I've managed to do all of the steps to install the unleashedx softmod via usb and splinter cell, the ftp settings, placing the snes9x X folder in the correct location, and getting the emulator to show up on the console.

All i had left to do is simply hit the A button on any one one of the Roms to start them up, and yet nothing happens when i do that? The A button works fine for literally everything else except starting the Roms. I'm hoping it's because i have an off brand madcatz controller, and not an original xbox controller. Or maybe it's something more simple than that? Corrupted Roms maybe?

Better buy original controller. Third party analog sticks and triggers uses crappy potentiometers, out of spec or something, making super sensitive, same goes for triggers. You can replace it with original alps from scrap pile. Madcats or any other brand will suck. Not sure about logitech, but i doubt they use proper ALPS brand analog sticks and triggers.

I had few off brand controllers, where ok build quality, but analog controls were funny, unplayable.

And never had problems with it.

Probably funky software problem you have there. Try other emulators.

Yes. I noticed i simply couldn't use the thumbsticks to move around the dashboard because it was skipping 3 or 4 spots with a slight tap. The D-pad is the only option. Sigh. I payed 100 bucks for this xbox and the seller on amazon gives me this off brand trash with worn thumbstick rubber lol.

40 minutes ago, Dnoble2989 said:

Yes. I noticed i simply couldn't use the thumbsticks to move around the dashboard because it was skipping 3 or 4 spots with a slight tap. The D-pad is the only option. Sigh. I payed 100 bucks for this xbox and the seller on amazon gives me this off brand trash with worn thumbstick rubber lol.

Damn, 100 federal reserve. Maybe lot's of other stuff, other than controllers? Console on the rarer side?

Nope, it was a stock console. with Off brand power cables (see through clear one) and the madcatz controller. He threw in a copy of Forza 1. ( i didn't order it) It was from Amazon though , not a local seller.

I did get the games working though. It turns out it was indeed the file types. I just downloaded the correct ROM packs for my region i guess, and they all work, and start fine :). I'm going to try hard modding next. I'm 99% sure i have a 1.0 or 1.1 based on the numbers. I really hope i don't have the Sharp Tsop chip though.

Edited by Dnoble2989