OGXbox.com

Boot Screen Then White Lines

SickVoodoo

I pulled out my old modded Xbox to pass some time while stuck at home. Unfortunately after the boot screen I get nothing but white lines dancing around the screen. I disassembled and cleaned everything, tried unplugging everything from the tv and Xbox. Any ideas on my next step to get this thing running? 

That board is hideously caked with dust so could be bridged traces anywhere.

However the top pic distorted though it is doesn't appear to be a typical error screen, it looks much more like a video output/resolution issue so it could be that.

What connection cable are you using?

If you do what it says: swap between Video (presumably AV Composite) and Component is there any change?

Do you have a standard Xbox AV Composite cable that can be used with that TV or another?

I get clear boot screen and sound

I did clean the board 

I haven’t tried a new tv yet, I don’t own one with analog connections. Lol

The Xbox is hooked up threw Panasonic two jack adapter. I believe it’s working here before. I will try and find a tv with regular analog connections and test. 
127D8FC6-8958-4C72-9553-218F07D4EA60.jpeg.37dc23e33c46bd970c03bd57b1ff31c7.jpeg

thanks for the help

So, you are using a high-definition AV pack or cable with Red/Green/Blue component video signals and Red/White analog audio connected to your TV?

Try the following:

Press and hold the Left trigger, right trigger, and both analog stick buttons.

The normally displayed 480i dashboard will switch to 480p output while using the Xbox High Definition AV Pack or cable.

Repeat the button combo to toggle between the two resolutions: 480i and 480p.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SickVoodoo said:

I get clear boot screen and sound

I did clean the board 

I haven’t tried a new tv yet, I don’t own one with analog connections. Lol

The Xbox is hooked up threw Panasonic two jack adapter. I believe it’s working here before. I will try and find a tv with regular analog connections and test. 
127D8FC6-8958-4C72-9553-218F07D4EA60.jpeg.37dc23e33c46bd970c03bd57b1ff31c7.jpeg

thanks for the help

try following on screen instructions about component connection

messed up softmod?

• 5 months later...

i just tried starting up a new one and same thing. Hooked up with official component cables. Sony SDTV. They work fine on my other xbox. Flubber screen works fine but the dashboard is the same distortion you have. I put in a halo disc and it loads fine but it says there is no hdd space available. Did you ever fix your issue?