OGXbox.com

1.6b, X3, Suddenly No Video or Audio, Dvd Drive Won't Open

VCoupe376ci

Out of nowhere today my 1.6b, X3, 2tb Xbox won't boot.

Symptoms are:

• no frag, the console appears to be booting
  • dvd drive will not eject when the button is pressed. The eject button blinks quickly and you can hear the drive spinning down but it never ejects
  • long press of eject and power gives the pink executor logo on the panel and displays the outline of the Flashbios screen but remains blank
  • Single press of the power button lights the Xecuter logo up red for a few seconds then blue as normal, no boot

So, I originally thought the chip might have somehow died, but it absolutely cannot be. I completely disassembled the box, removed the X3 from the pinheaded, put the original IDE cable and hard drive back in, and bypassed the X3 board that interfaces with the power/eject buttons. The console appears to be booting but no audio or video (tv behaves as if it is getting no input signal). I have tried with both the OEM composite cable and the OEM component cable (breakout box) with no change.

So now I'm convinced the chip is fine and something died in the console but can't find anything similar when searching. Everything on the motherboard looks fine and this console has worked fine since being modded in 2005. Any ideas?