Sign in to follow this  
VCoupe376ci

1.6b, X3, Suddenly No Video or Audio, Dvd Drive Won't Open

Out of nowhere today my 1.6b, X3, 2tb Xbox won't boot.

Symptoms are:

• no frag, the console appears to be booting
  • dvd drive will not eject when the button is pressed. The eject button blinks quickly and you can hear the drive spinning down but it never ejects
  • long press of eject and power gives the pink executor logo on the panel and displays the outline of the Flashbios screen but remains blank
  • Single press of the power button lights the Xecuter logo up red for a few seconds then blue as normal, no boot

So, I originally thought the chip might have somehow died, but it absolutely cannot be. I completely disassembled the box, removed the X3 from the pinheaded, put the original IDE cable and hard drive back in, and bypassed the X3 board that interfaces with the power/eject buttons. The console appears to be booting but no audio or video (tv behaves as if it is getting no input signal). I have tried with both the OEM composite cable and the OEM component cable (breakout box) with no change.

So now I'm convinced the chip is fine and something died in the console but can't find anything similar when searching. Everything on the motherboard looks fine and this console has worked fine since being modded in 2005. Any ideas?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ttsgeb
      Decided I would tear down my dev kit because there was a rattling noise inside of it and I wanted to see its guts.  The rattling turned out to be the GPU fan, and I decided I should film its guts for everyone to see.  Now if you don't have one, or don't want to open the one you've got, you can see inside, too!  Pictures will come if I ever get a decent camera.

If anyone has a Raptor card I can pair with it, please send me a PM.  I don't actually know anything about developing games for the xbox, but I'd like to have a full kit in case I ever do start developing.  I also might be willing to sell this to someone that wants to use it for its intended purpose.  It's pretty worthless as a collectors item because it has no code on it, has a prominent cosmetic defect, and has been opened.
    • By bulkchart32
      i found some new lasers for phillips drives and bought some. these were brand new because i had to desolder the esd protection solder points on it. i replaced the laser in a drive that would not work at all and now it is working. however, it won't read any disks that have any kind of serious damage. my old samsung and hitachi will play them fine but they have to be almost perfect for my phillips to read them. i have heard about how phillips turn the laser strength down in an attempt to prevent the from reading cd-r disks(fyi, i'm only trying to read official xbox disks). my question is, should i adjust the pots on this new laser so that the laser is stronger? i've heard that will shorten the life of the laser but i'm wondering if they were even turned up high enough in the 1st place?
    • By bulkchart32
      haven't been able to find a vid of it. anyone know of one?

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.