OGXbox.com

Error 07 On Tsop 1.1 XBox

nabilrezki

Hi, i bought an xbox for 10€ a couple of months ago, i had to clean it, removed the clock capacitor and i also did a tsop flash (evox m8 bios)

I added a 500gb hard drive, wich works quite fine, i tested it on another xbox and even a xbox 360! The thing is, the xbox takes a long time to boot, like 30 seconds, my other tsop 1.4 xbox takes no more than 15secs (give or take).

I took a cheap chinese ide to sata for the xbox, it work well on my other xbox so i don't suspect that the problem can come from this. At first i thought that it was coming from the 80pins ribbon wich wasn't long enough, so i bought a longer one, but it didn't change anything.

And on top of that, when i press both triggers + start + back in order to go back to my main dash, the xbox take at least 10 to 15 seconds to give me an error 07

I suspect the dvd drive to be the issue, but why will it start with no other problem that the long boot when i press the power button, but fail to reboot when i press both triggers+start+back ? By the way i can hear two spins from the dvd drive, i think the xbox check if there is any dvd on it, so i tryed to insert a xbox game and the hexen disc, it loads, it takes a long time to load, but still..

So, is there any way to bypass the dvdcheck to see if it's come from this, whithou having to make any power modification ? i read that it's possible by disable dvd check on a certain bios + hardwares modifications wich i'm not feeling quite comfortable with..

Or if you guys think that it could come from somewhere else?