OGXbox.com

Brand New To the Og XBox

Capt Moore

I ordered the parts for an hdd upgrade, amazon was so backed up I ordered most of the parts from newegg.  I will probably have them Saturday (hopefully).

The good thing is that after I replaced the drive belt for the second time in the optical drive, this time it appears the optical drive eject is working fully.  My best guess is that I stretched the belt too much when installing the belt the first time, so the replacement was still too loose.  I am glad there was two in the package purchased from eBay.

Which sata to ide card did you buy?

I have one card which is 100% flop.  

I have another card which works but now the files seems a little corrupted, as in unable to delete certain files and directory's.  

Im pretty sure I formatted correctly, I split the 2tb between F and G and 64 clusters, then formatted.

Anyhow im still messing around and it took like 3 days to ftp the stuff I wanted to the hdd.  

do you have a link to the item on ebay?  I cleaned up a few drives but one is still needing a push before it goes back in.

Good luck with it all.

I bought the startech one on amazon.  Here is the link:

https://www.newegg.com/startech-ide2sat2-ide-to-sata-with-odd-support/p/N82E16812400465?Item=N82E16812400465

I did some things wrong the first time.  At first, I don't think I expanded the f drive, so most of the drive was vacant.  I redid the copy from chimp the second time, but it all went into the F partition vs F & G.

I would up installing an app from the softmod extras disk called XBPartitioner 1.3, then I choses a recommended setting (back for helps explains the controls) to create an F & G partition.  Next I went into nkpatcher, and chose Hard drive: Populate Partitions: and chose both F: & G:  (I think this game me the standard folders for those drives back.)

I just set this up last night, so will check to see if there is any issues, but I think I did it correctly.