Replace Dvd Drive With Pc Drive

Possible with a very limited number of PC DVD models.

Samsung SD-616T or F (not E versions).  They require hardware modifications - eject tray motor direction reversal - and wiring to the Xbox's power and control (all yellow) cable and flashing the SDG-605B firmware to them.  Then, the Xbox case has to be modified to make it fit.

Similar changes for LG GDR-8163B or GDR-8164B. You don't have to do the eject tray motor direction reversal on these PC DVD drives - easy peasy. Ha!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By geohunk
      I messed up. Was fiddling around with configmagic trying to lock the HDD on my chipped Xbox 1.6 so I can transfer and use the HDD on my softmodded Xbox. I followed this guide here: https://www.biline.ca/xbox_uxe_hd2.htm 
       I was able to update the EEPROM as stated and locked the HDD so it can be used on the softmodded Xbox. That worked fine. But now my chipped Xbox turns on but no picture or video whatsoever. I don't know what to do next...
    • By dirtykash
      Ok so I have two v1.6 consoles, both had LPC rebuild and an Xblast modchip installed with LFRAME cut.
      Both boot fine from my chosen bios in Xblast
      The issue I have is I cannot get either of them to boot a dvd, either an original game or Hexen,OGXboot2021,Slayers. I know the disks are all fine as they boot in other consoles.
      I know the dvd drives are fine as I have rebuilt them all and they work fine in other consoles too, tried changing IDE cables and sata adapters this has no effect, so that leads me to think its the actual modchip that is stopping disk being read, no-dvd and standard bios's give the same results too.
      My next step is to reconnect LFRAME and boot from onboard and see if disk's will boot.
      Anyone come across this before or have any ideas?

Thanks
    • By Karl_M
      Hi there,
      so today I upgraded my Xbox’s hard drive to a 2TB WD blue and in unleash X, it’s showing just 500gb available to use as storage. But when I set up the hard drive using hexen, XBpartioner let me choose 900gb partitions for F and G. Is there something I’ve done wrong to not allow the hard drives full capacity? My Xbox had a duo x2 chip and I’m on my bank that has evox bios installed. I didn’t install this chip so I’m unsure of what version of Evox this has.

any help in much appreciated. Thanks in advance ☺️

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.