OGXbox.com

X3 2914 (1.0-1.5) Bios Mod To Boot On All Chips

DarkGabbz

I made a modded version (details soon) of the Xecuter 3 bios to theoretically boot on all chips (it was tested on a 1.0/1.1 TSOP, SmartXX and Xenium chip). It is 1024k bios so you can't flash it on a 1.2-1.4 tsop. (Config Live won't work because most if not all except x3 chips don't have a dedicated EEPRom)

Warning: This modded version hasn't been tested on every modchip so don't try to flash it, if you have no way to recover as it might could brick your chip.

Download: https://goo.gl/bJy9g1 

Thanks to xbox7887 for testing it on his Xenium Box and 1.0/1.1 TSOP.

(Basically just a repost from my Reddit post)  

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
On 11/13/2017 at 8:45 AM, DarkGabbz said:

I made a modded version (details soon) of the Xecuter 3 bios to theoretically boot on all chips (it was tested on a 1.0/1.1 TSOP, SmartXX and Xenium chip). It is 1024k bios so you can't flash it on a 1.2-1.4 tsop. (Config Live won't work because most if not all except x3 chips don't have a dedicated EEPRom)

Warning: This modded version hasn't been tested on every modchip so don't try to flash it, if you have no way to recover as it might could brick your chip.

Download: https://goo.gl/bJy9g1 

Thanks to xbox7887 for testing it on his Xenium Box and 1.0/1.1 TSOP.

(Basically just a repost from my Reddit post)  

I'm curious, what programs, if any, did you use to modify the bios? Honestly, I'd like to dive in myself and take a look at some of the stuff in it.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I can't believe this thread just died like this. Does anybody have any details about this little endeavor? How was it achieved? I found a PC utility on Xbox-HQ called X3 Patcher by a guy named yoshihiro that changes the settings for the 2914 bios that would normally be changed in X3CL. I guess the bios just uses whatever changes you committed to the image before flashing and loads them at boot by default. I would like to do this for my future builds. Can anybody offer any more details about how this works and if it could progress in any way to modifying X3CL to boot with a white button press like normal and save its settings to a configuration file (.ini) on the hard drive and be told to access/read it every time at boot? That would be so epic!

Anyway, if anybody has any details on how this alteration to the bios was performed and how that yoshihiro patcher works, I would really appreciate it !

Edited by Bowlsnapper

8 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Anyway, if anybody has any details on how this alteration to the bios was performed and how that yoshihiro patcher works, I would really appreciate it !

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bTRpjfH3gjQSXTVBlvTmbBRz2g1p-Qjk?usp=sharing

This might be of some use to you

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bTRpjfH3gjQSXTVBlvTmbBRz2g1p-Qjk?usp=sharing

This might be of some use to you

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Right on, dave. Thanks for that. That'll keep me busy for a bit. Do you have any idea what happened to that guy yoshi or who he was? It was so long ago, he might be a mountain monk now, for all we know. 

Also, what sort of education should I try to get in order to understand how the xbox works and how these modchips work? I get truly exhausted with never knowing what I'm talking about and asking stupid questions. I want to be an asset, not a burden!