Sign in to follow this  
Icarium

Recommended Bios for Open XEnium

Greetings again!

Running XeniumOS 2.3.1, but it turns out no bios are present. I've done some research, but the information is scattered from over 15 years and there are a lot of different opinions on the matter. 

What are the present day recommended bios for open xenium running xenium 2.3.1? Are there any bios/dashboard packages or bundles available? Thanks!

Your choice of BIOS is really up to you as everyone has their favorite and some will say that the one they use is the only one and the other's are crap.

I use the X2 and the M8 bios and seeing the Open Xenium can have several why not load up some different ones and try for you self.

The M8 can be modified using EVtools and there is XBtools for some of the X2 bios.

The IND bios can also be modified by changing the config file on the Hard Drive

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

You're selection of which BIOS to use depends somewhat on which version of Xbox you have.

There's no ind-bios release for 1.6 Xboxes or 256KB in size X2 BIOSes.  For them you have two choices for the latest released xbox modified BIOSes to use with the OpenXenium or any other modchip that supports a 512KB BIOS bank size:

• X2 5035 16 (requires a 512KB BIOS bank to use - which the OpenXenium supports), or
  • Evox m8plus_16 (256KB Bank size required that every re-flashable modchip supports).

There's a wider selection of BIOSes available for v1.0-1.5 consoles:

256KB BIOSes

• X2 4983.[06 or 67]
  • X2 4981.[06 or 67]
  • Evox M8plus (LBA48 patch settings 06 or 67 configured with EVTool v1.0.9)
  • iND-BiOS.5003.67 (don't use .06 version or inject a configuration file into the BIOS)
  • iND-BiOS.Beta.Feb-11-05.67 , a.k.a. 5004 (don't use the .06 version or inject a configuration file into the BIOS)

512KB BIOS

• X2 5035
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By HDShadow
      Before today I did not even know there was such a thing as a push fit pin header. Doing a bit of researching about pin header installations I came across a video about just such a thing being used with a Raspberry Pi.
      Great idea I thought but wondering why nobody has ever suggested using one with the Xbox or perhaps actually fitted a chip using it rather than go through the messy and rather uncertain process of soldering in a pin header.
      If I'd known earlier I would have seriously considered trying this myself and maybe not lost a MB, which may have been faulty anyway, but my lousy soldering certainly did not help. 
      You'd still need to do a bit of soldering: the D0 point of course but that is relatively simple.
      Please login or register to see this link.
    • By prtscn
      i flash custom evox bios, after that it just not boot, and switches to stock bios.
      i use raincoat to flash.
      board is 1.6 and i use evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137.bin from aid 4.5.3
      i have no idea what i do wrong.
      i then reflash it with hexen 2017 and it work OK.
    • By tlon
      Dusted off my Xbox for the kids today - powered it up, it defaulted to MS dash and prompted me for the date and time (good thing, I recall the nightmare of endless loops last time)
      Set the date, time, played a little Dance Dance Revolution on the native bios with the DVD-Rom (original media)
      Expected to power the Xbox off, hit the eject button, and boot into Xenium/EvolutionX or whatever I last had installed on the dash... but only get the stock MS dash, and no signs the modchip is functioning.
      Pulled the torx screws (had to find my screwdrivers) and opened it up.  Modchip is installed on LPC header with single wire soldered to the topside of the board.   Re-seated the modchip since I was in there, closed it all back up, hooked it back to the TV... still nothing but stock.
      Most likely cause of no-mod-signs-of-life?

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.