OGXbox.com

Picking Up Mountain Dew Xbox Tommorow. Should I Cap It?

muell

Im picking up a mint mountain dew xbox with box and paperwork.  It looks perfect no scratches. Im wondering what the opinions are on opening it up to change at least the clock cap. Possibly replacing all of them. I hate to remove the labels on the bottom to get to the screws. Is there a way to do it without damaging them? The console has never been opened and from what I understand rarely played. 

That's the $1000 question that only you can answer.

My take on it is if the Xbox was new in box and factory sealed so never touched I would leave it as is also if it's just for display then maybe don't bother.

If your planning on using it then you will need to open it at some stage to recap it as the cap's will fail.

If you use warm to hot air on the stickers you can lift them up to open the xbox and then reseal when finished maybe practice on some other Xboxes 1st.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 3/15/2020 at 4:54 AM, Wally12 said:

I’ve seen someone letting isopropyl alcohol sit on the stickers and soak in for a bit to cleanly remove them for putting back on. Haven’t tried that method myself. I’ve only used a hairdryer to partly lift the stickers to get at screws.

Isopropyl alcohol is the key. See 00:57 in the video

• Like 1