OGXbox.com

XB Iso's Not Seen

shadowfire36

so i finally got the unlock from my OG XB hard drive  i ported all my files over and i dont see any games i had in ISO format , if i FTP i can see  them in my games folder ... i used the rocky 5 softmod on my new XB ,so did i do something wrong ??

Edited by shadowfire36

They won't be until you put each XISO format dot iso file in separate subfolder along with a copy of the NKPatcher driveimageutilsattach.xbe app renamed to default.xbe.  You also have to rename the internal XBE Title to the name you want each game to appear as in the replacement dashboard's Games menu.

Use UnleashX's File Explorer to rename the internal XBE Title of each copy of the attach app. 

Browse to the renamed attach app, default.xbe file, so it's highlighted and press the White button for the Select options menu to appear.  D-pad up to the Rename XBE Title menu item then press (A).  Use the onscreen keyboard to edit and save the game name.

https://imgur.com/9CbLEtL

After doing all of those steps for each game, they appear in the dashboard's Games menu.

Seems like an unnecessarily complicated way of getting games to work on a Xbox.

Rather than messing around with FTPing ISOs direct to the console why not extract them on PC using Qwix or C-Xbox Tool and then FTP them? The extraction usually takes very little time and with the actual files now available you can edit out the dashupdater and any other unwanted stuff too which should reduce the FTP time.

5 hours ago, HDShadow said:

Rather than messing around with FTPing ISOs direct to the console why not extract them on PC using Qwix or C-Xbox Tool and then FTP them? The extraction usually takes very little time and with the actual files now available you can edit out the dashupdater and any other unwanted stuff too which should reduce the FTP time.

im not ftping them they are already the xbox drive in iso format , its bout sixty games i would like the quickest method

Edited by shadowfire36

5 hours ago, HDShadow said:

Because they take less space on the hard drive when there are lots of tiny files. On a 512GB+ partition, each of those files less than 64KB in size each take 64KBs, 1 cluster, of hard drive space to be stored.

There's also a script for XBMC to do the process for you.  Upload all the XISO format ISOs to your Games folder and the attach.xbe app and I believe it creates the subfolders, copies the attach.xbe app to it and moves the ISO there and changes the XBE title name to that of the game's default.xbe file found inside the ISO.

And, some games have filenames that are not allowed on an FATX formatted partition.  Names longer than 42 characters or with characters not allowed by the filesystem.

Have to try that with some XISOs. Don't really have any problem with space as I just delete existing games but keep the saves when I want to install a new one. As 95% of the games I have are installed from original disc, FTPing to and from a PC after converting them to XISOs just to save some space seems like quite a lot of unnecessary extra work.

Never come across that problem but that maybe because I often abbreviate even installed game XBEs names so they display fully in UnleashX  menus. There are some stupidly long games' titles that is very true eg. Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay but as they were not intended for HDD install I suppose that is mitigation. 

Edited by HDShadow

It's not the name of the game, some are very long, but the name of the files stored on the hard drive.  Some games have files with names too long for the hard drive's FATX filesystem (>42 characters - include the dot and characters of the extension in the count).

The DVD filesystem has no such filename length restriction.  Thus, mounting an XISO with the attach app does not either.  To the Xbox, the mounted disc image appears to be a disc loaded into the DVD drive.