Sign in to follow this  
Brendan Santidrian

Arctic Thunder and Midtown Madness 3 Lock-Up

Hey folks! So recently I played with my TSOP flashed 2tb Xbox 1.0 and I have discovered two titles that have been giving me issue:

Arctic Thunder: Won't get past the loading screen before entering a race

Midtown Madness 3: Randomly freezes during races and missions (I can confirm this happening while booting from disc as well)

Just FYI, clearing the cache didn't work for me.

So here are the specific details of my hard drive in case people are wondering:

Hitachi HUA722020ALA331

Please login or register to see this link.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bulkchart32
      i pulled my version 1.6 apart about a week ago to change the thermal paste on it. i wasn't able to get the gpu completely clean so i put some new paste on it and reassembled while i waited for my arcti-clean order to get here. the system did great during this time. today, i pulled it apart and cleaned it better this time and reapplied thermal paste. after doing that, i was testing a game(i also serviced the dvd reader) and it froze on me(i thought it was because of the dvd reader). i restarted the console and kept playing. the xbox seemed to do fine for several minutes of playing the game. so i turned my attention to getting the disk tray to function correctly. i was opening it and shutting it multiple times when the system suddenly started glitching graphically. i let it do it for just a few seconds while i wondered what the heck was going on and then i pulled the power cord. when i tried plugging it back in, the xbox started frag'ing. to make a long story short, the point i'm at now is that i can let the system stay unplugged for an hour or so and plug it back in and it will function fine for just a few minutes. after that, it will start graphically glitching or freeze. it will do this with both the dvd/hdd drives installed but also with them both completely removed(including the ide cable). it doesn't appear to be frag'ing anymore and i don't think the processors are getting too hot. none of the caps appear to be bulging. any idea what's wrong with this thing? google is not being very helpful.
    • By bulkchart32
      i pulled apart my 1.6, cleaned and repasted the the heat sinks, and cleaned and greased the dvd drive. i was cycling the dvd drive trying to get the tray to operate correctly when all of a sudden the system started having weird artifacting on the screen. i turned it off and un plugged it and then plugged it back in and it started frag'ing. what's going on?
    • By roB3AR
      Hello,

I've been lurking around here for a couple days, but haven't found anyone with the same issue so I thought I'd ask.

I have a v1.0, never modded, xbox (original and only owner). Last time I used it (about a year ago), it was working great, but when I turned it on the other day, it attempted to boot three times, then started flashing red and orange. I was able to get it to boot after restarting it a few times, and I played through a game for about 5 min (then game froze due to a scratch, I'm pretty sure), but I have not been able to get it to start up again since (just 3 reboots and FOAR). If I hit the disc eject button once it's FOAR, the TV will show the green blob come on screen (it freezes after less than a second), but I'll continue to hear the music that goes with it (haven't left it on long enough to see if it goes to main menu and i can hear the sound of changing menu selection). I've seen a few '3 reboots and FRAG' articles, so I'm curious if this is the same situation, but maybe error colors are different for the earlier xboxes?
      Based on what I've read so far, I've checked the following:
      Cleaned the innards of most of the dust (had never opened it up in my 18+ years of ownership) LPC traces are undamaged (even did continuity check for sanity sake) Reseated all connectors Checked PSU voltages -- this was an interesting one, all voltages were correct, except for the power on signal (pin 11/teal wire), which i measured to be be 2.6V, not 3.3V Clock cap wasn't bulging, but it does look like it leaked a little, so i removed that, cleaned the area, but I don't see any damaged traces I'm planning on replacing all the caps on the board as a next step, but I'm wondering if anyone has an idea for something else worth testing to figure out what might be causing the error state. I'm so curious if the 2.6V power on signal is an indicator of anything. Does that get set by the CPU or the PSU?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions!

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.