OGXbox.com

Hard Modded Xbox Has Video but No Sound

Eggwhites

Hello new to the Xbox modding scene I picked up a hard modded xbox and everything works great except for sound and I can’t figure out why... I have tried different cables and different tv’s still no luck Don’t know to much about chips and what it has to be honest I’m still learning lol 

903D7CCF-F785-4334-8BB8-9182677F726E.jpeg

OpenXenium and SPI2019Par plus there must be an LCD too not pictured on a v1.6 Xbox.  Recently modded to have those devices.  Amazed someone sold it to you.

Where's the white sheathed cable go to on the back of the console and out through the RF shielding on the right-hand side of the picture?   What's it's purpose?

Hi Eggwhites

It might be best to post some pic of the entire main board and both sides.

What happens if you unplug the Open Xenium chip and boot it up?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, Eggwhites said:

When I get home tonight I’ll take it back apart and get better pics of everything. And by unplug do you mean pulling it off the header? And booting with out it won’t mess anything up ? Sorry still trying to learn everything 

Yes take the chip off the pin header and try and boot it you should get the stock green boot flubber and sounds it  and it won't do any harm.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I have tested a Version 1.6 (same as yours) without the DVD and Hard drive connected and I got the normal Xbox booting screen and sounds

Can you have a look or post a pic of this location you looking for a cut trace maybe and if possible a pic of the bottom around the pin header for the mod chip. 

C9810246-C119-4BA8-8DD3-55B580B6C64B.thumb.jpeg.e3101ac9e338eddb551da38c61a371cf.jpeg.8aa1c7dedcdde91f0a1f679c41370787.jpeg

Removing the chip from the board will force the Xbox to boot from the stock BIOS.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Good for you bad for him.

Maybe he should be soak testing before dispatching. All my ram upgrades run for 24 hours then power and heat cycled before leaving the bench and all others get at least 12 hour burn in.

The main thing it is sorted

Cheers

SS Dave