OGXbox.com

Hi From the Uk

Steve Deane

Good evening. Just after a bit of advice please. Managed to get one of my xboxs soft modded successfully last night so very pleased with that. The query I have is the following. Opened up my translucent green xbox to clean it but noticed this chip installed. Am looking for any info please as to what it is and what I am able to do with it if you dont mind. The console was from a friend and he cant remember what it was installed for lol. Cheers

20200302_232045 1.jpg

Hi Steve Deane

It's an Aladdin Modchip 256kb size BIOS and easy flashable.

When I fit them I link the BT to ground and don't worry about the L1,L2 wire

Grounding the BT makes the chip always active and the only reason to wire to the power button was for Xbox Live.

1525300599_tempsave.jpg.f772b6465df935cc334002a8b7d0e8a4.jpg

Remove the BT wire and link like the pic

Also look up Clock cap in the version 1.0-1.4 Xbox's

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Hi Steve Deane

It's an Aladdin Modchip 256kb size BIOS and easy flashable.

When I fit them I link the BT to ground and don't worry about the L1,L2 wire

Grounding the BT makes the chip always active and the only reason to wire to the power button was for Xbox Live.

1525300599_tempsave.jpg.f772b6465df935cc334002a8b7d0e8a4.jpg

Remove the BT wire and link like the pic

Also look up Clock cap in the version 1.0-1.4 Xbox's

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for the info. Only just done my first soft mod and unfortunately atm dont have the required tools for altering the wires as suggested. Need to get some soldering gear in the near future. 

Don't need to really change the wiring but something to do when you get a chance

If you upgrade the hdd you may need to flash a new BIOS that has LBA48 enable other wise the Xbox will only see 137gb otherwise it's a simple thing to upgrade  the HDD.

Fit the new hard drive boot with an install disk to install you preferred dash and the FTP games across.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1