OGXbox.com

Bought My First XBox In 2020!

Listai

Hi everyone!

I picked up an xbox on FB marketplace for $20 as I couldn't resist as I'd always pined over the system back when I had a PS2 and GC in the early 00s. It wasn't in the best condition but I was determined to bring it back to its former glory.

spacer.png

(That gunk in the grills is cigarette residue, the whole thing stunk to high heaven)

Resolute in my mission I cracked it open and spent the better part of three hours cleaning it. The system itself is a 1.6 and all of the capacitors appear to be in good shape, the DVD tray wouldn't open at first but after I disassembled it and gave the belt a clean it now works like a charm.

spacer.png

I've gone all in and have since ordered an Aladdin X2 modchip, an LPC rebuild board an 80 wire IDE cable and an IDE to Sata adapter. I'll be installing a 3TB HDD but I'm waiting on those components to come from China before I can start modding in earnest. I'm picking up an HD AV pack from a friend (who found it in his closet haha) and will be setting it up on my Sony PVM 20L2 (which sadly doesn't go above 480i) but I've picked up a few games over the years in the hopes that I'd eventually get the system to match!

Anyway I missed out on this system as a kid so I'm looking forward to playing through the exclusives and the superior versions of PS2 games I loved (Burnout 3, Timesplitters etc)

Thanks for reading!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, xbinwin said:

Great job! You're in for an awesome ride and lots of fun 🙂

Are you aware that only 2TB can be used/recognised by the Xbox though?

Yup! From what I understand only 2.2 will be usable. It's getting hard to find 2TB 3.5" locally so I don't mind going a bit over :)

Nice job on the cleaning.

I have done the rags to riches on several Xboxes and and working on a Cyrstal Xbox at the moment.

This is some of the crap from the bottom of  ultrasonic cleaner after the all but the casing's have been in it.

1756471561_DirtformXbox.thumb.jpg.12d2fcc62fe18cd65642de4599c2b75e.jpg

I was going to ask why a 3tb drive and not 2tb as my 2tb has over 80% of the Xbox games and Coinops with space to spare.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...