OGXbox.com

Snes9x Emulator Started Lagging Recently

suhdude

Hey y’all,

I have softmodded og Xbox for 3 months ago and up untill today snes emulation was fine (nba jam, contra etc..) Today when I was playing contra iii the sound started lagging noticably -also the music and sounds scatter a bit or play twice instead of once. I tried rebooting and removing and replacing the rom. Didn’t work?

Does anyone know what the cause of this problem is? is it fixable?

thank you so much if you’re willing to help.

I don't think it's a overheating problem because if it get to hot the would Xbox shut down.

What hard drive has it got because that's what I would be checking 1st either the software  files corrupt or the drive is failing.

Try reinstalling the dash your using is something else you could try.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 1 year later...

I am using Emustation as my dash and was playing a A Link to the Past which worked pretty well for the most part, until I got to the Skull Woods where there was an overlay of fog, then my FPS dropped from 50/50 to 35/50. I noticed it again when I was in Gargoyle Dungeon and the first area was a large area with several sprites running at once, again dropping to 35/50. The lag for me seems to coincide with higher demanding effects or more sprites running. Is that when you are experiencing lag? Does anyone have a suggestion to get better fps? I was running on the "fastest, okay sound" global setting in Snes9x.

As a test I played to the same locations on my PC and noticed my PC gets 60/60 fps, and did not drop fps at all on a complete playthrough. Why does snes9x only get 50/50 fps on the xbox, instead of 60?