OGXbox.com

Found Promo-Dvd, Rare?

bot_1

hey guys!

not sure if this is the right sub, but well...

recently i was clearing out my basement and stumbled across an official XBox Promotional DVD (pics attached below). If I remember correctly, these DVDs were given out to people preordering the system in europe (although I'm not sure about this)...

Anyway, the disc is packed with cool artsy dvd-menus, game-trailers, demos and other stuff like the official "life is short, play more"-commercial (you know which one), etc.

I have no clue if this DVD is really rare, but I think it's worth asking and this is definitely the right place to ask. so, let me know if you know anything about this dvd.

if it's rare and requested by the peeps here, i'm going to create an iso out of it.

greetings and happy modding!

bot

20200222_093833-min.thumb.jpg.1e8b492ce881a09498277ddb89fb436d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20200222_093841-min.jpg

the text is in german and reads something on the lines of:

"feel the difference! dvd with games, which have never been seen before, exclusive previews of games which aren't even available yet and videos from:" fischerspooner, gorillaz, ministry of sound, primal scream.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes

okay. i will hopefully be able to do so tomorrow, and i will post a link to my gdrive to get the .iso.

is there any chance we could move the file to the download-section later on? i don't have a lot of space left on my google drive and i'm sure i'll need it for other stuff later on. :D

greetings

bot

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Create a free MEGA account.  You get up to 50GB's to start.  I believe the available space drops after 30 days but if the file's already there it doesn't get deleted.  Not that this is going to be 50GBs. :)

thanks for the tip! i will do this tomorrow...

Hey Folks, hey @KaosEngineer and @neighbor!

hope you guys are doing well?

So today, I ripped the DVD with my XBox. i ripped it with 2 different modes (iso and raw), created a Mega-Account and uploaded all the files, they are ready to go.

I also scanned the artwork (front, back and DVD) for you guys (just in case you want to print it out or use it digitally).

Here are the links:

Raw DVD-Files: https://mega.nz/#F!rZh1SbQL

.iso DVD-Files: https://mega.nz/#F!fJoBFRjK

Artwork: https://mega.nz/#F!GI4HVLiQ

so, start you machines and get downloading! 😉

greetings!

bot

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

I would very much appreciate someone to PM me the key for this, I just want to burn a copy to a disk so I can know what it felt like to preorder the system😂
Edit: I also second the idea to add it to the downloads page, since this is an official Xbox release and apparently somewhat rare

Edited by v3ck1n

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

@Markin: look in you inbox, there's something waiting for you.

for all others stumbling upon this topic:

regarding the keys to mega.com, i'm not going to post them publically here, but feel free to leave me a message and i will get to you.

greetings

bot

9 hours ago, bot_1 said:

@Markin: look in you inbox, there's something waiting for you.

for all others stumbling upon this topic:

regarding the keys to mega.com, i'm not going to post them publically here, but feel free to leave me a message and i will get to you.

greetings

bot

bro, why all the trouble with the keys? share in the free access.

19 hours ago, irlandez said:

bro, why all the trouble with the keys?

hi @irlandez!

my concideration is simple:

first and foremost, i want people to contribute to this forum (as registering, browsing the forum and maybe posting some questions/answers or even buying a membership) rather than just browsing and getting the desired stuff for free and leave. this is one reason why i'm not sharing the keys in a forum post. at least one will have to register and drop me a message. it's not that hard asking for something... and if people are too lazy to register, well i suppose they don't really need what they are looking for.

the second reason is, that i do not want to share this promo-dvd without any restrictions as for possible legal consequences. i uploaded this disc out of the desire to preserve a rare piece of media and to share it with collectors, enthusiasts and other interested folks. 

share in the free access.

as for your suggestion: i already asked if this DVD could be posted in the downloads-section and @KaosEngineer (one of the mods) told me to share it via mega.com. so i did, and as far as i can tell, people have been happy. 

hope i answered all your questions. 🙂

greetings

bot

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, only just found this.

Been searching for this DVD for years.

I used to have this, can't remember how I got it, as I think I got my European OG Xbox a year after launch. But my disc has been lost for a decade now.

The art style of this thing always stuck with me and I have been searching for it every couple of years to be able to enjoy it again.

I was 13-14 years old and this is an awesome 'memberberry!

If you could DM me the key, I would be really happy!