OGXbox.com

Updated Old Softmod, Hd Shows Incorrect Size.

Craiguk

Hi, so I decided to update my softmod using Rocky5 softmod update v1.1.7 all good apart from I'm only getting 45Gb on drive F and no drive G 🙄 it's a v1. 2 xbox with a 150Gb hard drive with Null Eprom.  What's the best plan off attack, can I just use xbpartitioner and format F and create a partition G. I don't mind loosing what's on the HD.  I have all the installer disks, any ideas please guys I would really appreciate your advice. 

Was the original softmod done using an older version of Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool?

Did you use Rocky5's Quick Upgrade or Quick Update?

How'd you format the 150GB drive? 

Was it already in the console and working correctly with an older softmod?  F was ~140GB's or was it only 123GBs?  Was there a G drive before the softmod upgrade?

Run XBPartitioner v1.3. Take a screenshot of the main page. Post it here.  

Hi I first tried with the update disk on gitub using buildxiso.bat which made a update disk, burnt it with imgburn at slow speed but it kept failing at 10% (black screen) so I then read some comments and did this which worked and updated my softmod.  See attached picture. The update automatically formated my hard drive and installed everything as I found out when all my games had gone lol.  Thanks for your patience and advice 👍

Screenshot_20200220_074630_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Edited by Craiguk

No need to download the source and build your own.  Rocky5's has a google drive repository with everything prebuilt.

Xbox Softmod Kit Updates / 

• Build v1.1.7 /
    • Utilities /
    • Installer Variants /
    • Extras Disc /
    • Documents /
    • Xbox Softmoddding Tool.zip
    • thumb.jpg
    • Read Me.url
    • Changes.txt

Note: Not all subfolders' content are listed only Build v1.1.7's.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Craiguk said:

The update automatically formated my hard drive and installed everything as I found out when all my games had gone lol.  Thanks for your patience and advice

Where were your games installed?

The only partition that should have been affected is C.  E, F and/or G should have remained the same as they were before running Quick Upgrade's default.xbe.

23 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Oh, don't write anything to the E drive.  If XBPartitioner v1.3's not already there, upload it to C or run it off of a Hexen 2018 or TruHexen 2019 installer disc.

Hiya, well i managed to sort out the issue using your advice.  It seamed like the update had wiped my HDD, finally managed to get Xbpartitioner to work with a bit of faffing about.  I had to creat a partition with 0 GB (restart box) the create 140 Gb and restart box to get it to work correctly.

So all good thank you for your help,  Gonna take out the Clock Cap today and fit a 80 pin HDD Cable yay !

Guess im only limmited to 5 posts again, dose anybody know how long this goes on for, i will donate when i get paid, but untill then im stuffed lol.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

That's cool the more people that are here to help the better for everyone and everyone will do things differently and as I see it there is really no right or wrong as long as the end result is the same.

As for the cost I was paying $7.50 for a coffee from the coffee van that called past in the morning $5 is cheap.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

15 hours ago, Craiguk said:

So all good thank you for your help,  Gonna take out the Clock Cap today and fit a 80 pin HDD Cable yay !

Guess im only limmited to 5 posts again, dose anybody know how long this goes on for, i will donate when i get paid, but untill then im stuffed lol.

Thanks again.

You are very welcome.

Happy to see that you finally were able to make things work.  Not sure why they were not in the first place.

Now onto bigger and better adventures! :)

• Like 1