OGXbox.com

Xenium Help

shadowfire36

i have an original xenium chip 2nd gen (the beige one you can add an lcd ) i havent touched my xbox in years and i added a it with a solder less adapter .

when i boot my xbox it blinks 3 times and shuts off , i moved it to my second xbox and it just stays on red ,never turning green . I flipped the switch but i dont remember what it does, but that didnt help either .i hard solder the pins and solder a wire to the d0 on the chip and then tried to plug into the hold but doesnt seem to fit . does anyone have a guide or have any insight what my be wrong ,its been at least 10 years i have actually tired to boot my xbox and im trying to fix it ..i was thinking may i need to re-flash the chip but i dont remember how i even did it the 1st time ..

any trouble shooting guide one be muched apperciated 

Remove the chip and chean all the points on the chip and board that are making contact. over the years those points to the main board will have developed bad connections.

Your best to post some pics as well as other problems could have occurred to the Xbox's.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

Beige, you mean gold. I've seen blue, white and gold. Post a picture please.

Wayback Machine's capture of the Xenium Pin Header Installation Manual and Troubleshooting guide (PDF format).  Troubleshooting is not for the modchip though but Xbox error number information.

Update: Xenium-OS 2.0 User Manual

xenium-gold-sp-big.jpg

Xenium gold edition solderless kit

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Remove the chip and chean all the points on the chip and board that are making contact. over the years those points to the main board will have developed bad connections.

Your best to post some pics as well as other problems could have occurred to the Xbox's.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

i changed the pin header , i will try and clean the board when i get home you are proably right can could use a good cleaning 

• 3 weeks later...