OGXbox.com

Igr Error - Blinking Light

Noomi

Hi,

1.6 with Aladdin chip
Thermal paste replaced
120gb IDE hdd replaced with 1tb SATA (and Sata-IDE adapter plus 80-wire IDE cable) (Bought the xbox with chip and the 120gb hdd installed)
HDD formatted properly, UnleashX installed
All working beautifully, except for:

When i try to IGR (in game reset) using either RT+LT+back+black or LT+RT+back+start the result is the same. It does not reset, it turns off, then turns on again but quite choppy ending with a green flashing front LED and nothing on the screen.

Also, the red light on my sata-ide adapter goes on and off when it chops trying to boot. Then it goes to flashing green front LED with no light on the HDD (HDD not running i guess).

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Edited by Noomi

I assume that it was working fine before the hard drive change.

What is the new hard drive (make and model) and what brand of IDE to ATA adaptor

How did you setup the new hard drive Cloned,XboxHDM,install from a disk?

It is almost sounding like a power problem may be post a pic of the inside's

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

32 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I assume that it was working fine before the hard drive change.

What is the new hard drive (make and model) and what brand of IDE to ATA adaptor

How did you setup the new hard drive Cloned,XboxHDM,install from a disk?

It is almost sounding like a power problem may be post a pic of the inside's

Cheers

SS Dave

Hi Dave!

I also replied to another thread here with UnleashX xbox crashing when attempting an IGR.

The HD is a Seagate 1TB ST31000525SV.

I set it up the Hexen 2019 disc, and then with Slayers 3.37 to get UnleashX. No cloning, and since my xbox is chipped i just installed the new drive and Hexen took it from there.

Actually, the xbox had that error when i bought it. So also with standard 40-wire IDE cable and the old 120gb IDE hdd.

When a have the case open and do the IGR it looks like the HDD is unavailable for the xbox, and after a few attempts it just does not spin the drive. The drive is 100% ok.

Having to restart fully between every game change is a pain in the nuts, and also it creates unnecessary wear on the xbox and hdd imo.

Edited by Noomi

42 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Do you know what BIOS is in the mod-chip?

Can you post some pic's of the main board and the power supply and top and bottom?

Cheers

SS Dave

I am gone for the weekend unfortunately, but I will post pics and info on monday or tuesday. Thanks so far!

BIOS issue is the most likely particularly as Noomi has confirmed it was happening before the HDD replacement..

IGR problems were a big thing back in the day and tools like EVTool v1.0.9 used for editing Evox BIOS include a Quick or Most Compatible IGR option, that it does have such an option choice suggest it can still be an issue.

Most of the recent Xbox BIOS do include IGR support as standard; older BIOS and some others might not so knowing what the BIOS is on the chip is important.