OGXbox.com

XBmc4gamers Synopsis Information

Cian Cunningham

XBMC4Gamers Synopsis Information

This is a HDD ready XBMC4Gamers synopsis information setup.

It was generated from a spreadsheet I made in which I collated as much information as I could find for the complete list of Xbox titles. The first building block of this spreadsheet was Cameron Brigmans list of Xbox games. The rest was taken from old defunct websites such as HDTVArcade using the wayback machine and the current Wikipedia pages. All sources linked and credited in the spreadsheet. You can filter this list by rating, genre etc. All US games ratings taken from Metacritic for consistency. It's a good tool for exploring the complete list of Xbox titles. As far as I can see it is the most up to date and complete list anywhere. This spreadsheet is very much a byproduct of creating synopsis information for Rockys XBMC4Gamers but it turned out to be a good tool for picking through titles and deciding what to fill a 2tb drive with so I have included it on the Github.

Just download the 'Games.zip', extract it for the full list of HDD ready files and transfer as needed. These synopsis should be compatible with all XBMC. 3.5.3 or above once Rocky5's custom synopsis script and custom XBMC xbe are used. The US list is complete, the EU games all have some if not all information (except ESRB ratings) but the JAP games information is scant, description for most but the information is not as detailed for them.

Huge thanks to Rocky5 for all his help and for creating the batch tool to automate separating out the individual default.xml files into folders from the initial excel to xml export.

Any issues anyone finds I can fix and update accordingly when I have time.

I hope this enhances your XBMC4Gamers setup.

Edited by Cian Cunningham
  • Like 2

• Rocky5 pinned and featured this topic

Minor changes made to spreadsheet. Games folder created again to incorporate the updates. Titles now have all region title name variations back in. I had deleted some but put them back in and people can edit the individual default.xml as needed if they don't want to see title variations or [JP] or [EU] tags in titles for Japanese and European exclusives. Content should be final now.

• Like 1

Minor changes made to spreadsheet. Games folder created again to incorporate the updates. Titles now have all region title name variations back in. I had deleted some but put them back in and people can edit the individual default.xml as needed if they don't want to see title variations or [JP] or [EU] tags in titles for Japanese and European exclusives. Content should be final now.
Top work Cian and Rocky of course. Will grab this for sure

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jay Yardley said:

Just to confirm, is this a way for me to automatically add detailed information and images to every native Xbox game I have?

It's the detailed information text only. There are no pictures with this. What you will get is all the resources folders made for you with the folder structure and the detailed information text for each game. The complete pack will be ready in a couple of weeks including pictures.

Add new version of my resources pack with better quality and preview for each games !!!

On 27/10/2017 at 2:00 PM, Cian Cunningham said:

Good stuff. I noticed a lot of the pictures are resized wide banner icons. I have been making a few of these myself with fresh pictures instead of using the stretched images. Also I have around 800 of the complete set of synopsis information done. I will have them all finished after this weekend I expect. I'll be giving them to rocky to do as he pleases with them but I'm sure you can add them to your pack if you want. How are you doing with the preview videos? How many have you got at this point out of the complete set? Also how are you doing on screenshots? Have you a full set of screenshots?

Can we work together to make the full pack with enhanced quality ??? Nope, i don't have pack of screenshots :(

I am shocked and delighted at the same time that the original Xbox scene is still active! Rocky5 your amazing work got me to dust off my xbox  and get it back in operating order!  So thank you for sharing the fruit of your labor with perfect strangers! TOTALLY appreciated.

Edited by mozbius
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You guys seriously rock! I love the added synopsis script.

Several months ago I started making synopsis, screenshot, and video preview files for around 40 of the more popular games (Amped, Halo, Etc) I wanted to do many more but kinda stopped..All in all it's about 500 mb of resources I can email anyone if they think it will be useful.

P.S. Did I hear something about an emulation station?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Velocet said:

Correct me if i'm wrong:
The version posted in the start posting is included in the resources pack from PsyKos posted here.
But the resources posted by heresy are neither included in an updated version nor in the resources pack from PsyKos?

Could you list the 40 games? as the current Xbox Artwork Installer has 1072 Xbox games all done with synopsis and artwork.

I never knew about the one from heresy.

Also if they don’t conform to the standards I set for this artwork pack, then they would never be used anyways.

5 hours ago, Velocet said:

Correct me if i'm wrong:
The version posted in the start posting is included in the resources pack from PsyKos posted here.
But the resources posted by heresy are neither included in an updated version nor in the resources pack from PsyKos?

Yeah Psykos took the synopsis and put it in that synopsis pack. That's obsolete now. Loke way obsolete, I had loads of mistakes in that version  and the latest version is correct, it has had a few versions since this was posted but it lives with the artwork on the Rocky5 GitHub now The synopsis text posted here was created before the new 1072 pack with the built in artwork installer was created. I need to maybe update the synopsis here so that it's the latest. Ignore anything you see about resources packs elsewhere and just use the pack on Rocky5's GitHub, preferable get it through the xbmc4gamers and xbmc-emustation artwork download on the downloader in settings. 

So in a nutshell ignore all that other stuff and get the pack from the built in downloader or from the xbmc4gamers GitHub. Downloader is the easiest. 

Perfect. Thanks for the answer and all the work! 

11 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

Could you list the 40 games? as the current Xbox Artwork Installer has 1072 Xbox games all done with synopsis and artwork.

There you go:

Alter Echo
amped 2
arx fatalis
AVP Extinction
baulder's gate DA2
BIA earned in blood
BIA Road to hill30
Black
burnout 3
Castlevania COD
chessmaster
Chronicles of Riddick
conker live and reloaded
dead or alive 3
Doom 3 ROE
Farcry Evolution
Farcry Instincts
forza motorsport
gta san andre
half life 2
halo 2
Jade EMpire
jet set radio future
just cause
max payne 2
mechassault
mercenaries
morrowind
oddworld stranger's wrath
otogi 1
POP sands of time
proj gotham racing
proj gotham racing 2
psychonauts
Shenmue II
Silent Hill 2
SoulCalibur 2
star wars battlefront 2
Star wars Kotor
star wars republic commando
warriors

Edited by Velocet
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Is it possible to add more categories to the Synopsis files? I opened one default.xml with a text editor and I tried something like: <resolution>480p</resolution> but it wasn't showing up on the xbox. 

I would like to add Resolution and Aspect Ratio informations to my Synopsis Files :)