Sign in to follow this  
GoTeamScotch

Ogx360 or Ripdajac

I'm wanting to use other controllers on my OG Xbox. Controllers such as Xbox 360 and ideally Xbox One controllers.

Everyone seems to recommend Please login or register to see this link. , but that seems to require a custom PCB and I'm not sure where to buy it. Alternatively, there's Please login or register to see this link. 's project, which seems to be less polished but it also appears to support more controllers and only requires a raspberry pi and an atmega32u4 board, which are off-the-shelf parts.

What are the differences between these two projects? Which is best?

Thanks

Edited by GoTeamScotch

Just chiming back in here to say that I tried ripdajacker's method and holy crap. It turned out to be way more complicated than I thought. I've tinkered with Raspberry Pi's and such before, but I wasn't prepare for the learning curve of getting the arduino board flashed and working. I was going mad trying to follow guides and getting it flashed, then it turned out that I had to put it into a certain mode and flash the device within like 2 seconds before it went back to normal mode and I only found that out after like an hour of trying and failing.

Anyways, Once I got through setting up the Pi and the arduino board, the wiring diagram didn't match up to the arduino I had (doesn't seem to have an "ss" pin?) so I pretty much giving up at this point. I'm sure someone who's super familiar with all this can figure it out, but I'm tapping out.

Anyways, who's got a source for where I can buy an ogx360? Preferably in the US.

In the US - Please login or register to see this link.  However, they are currently sold out.

Fill out their Please login or register to see this link. to see when more will be available.

53 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

In the US - Please login or register to see this link.  However, they are currently sold out.

Fill out their Please login or register to see this link. to see when more will be available.

Yeah, China still isnt fully recovered from the corona virus shutdown, but I'm starting to get the parts now.

12 hours ago, GoTeamScotch said:

Just chiming back in here to say that I tried ripdajacker's method and holy crap. It turned out to be way more complicated than I thought. I've tinkered with Raspberry Pi's and such before, but I wasn't prepare for the learning curve of getting the arduino board flashed and working. I was going mad trying to follow guides and getting it flashed, then it turned out that I had to put it into a certain mode and flash the device within like 2 seconds before it went back to normal mode and I only found that out after like an hour of trying and failing.

Anyways, Once I got through setting up the Pi and the arduino board, the wiring diagram didn't match up to the arduino I had (doesn't seem to have an "ss" pin?) so I pretty much giving up at this point. I'm sure someone who's super familiar with all this can figure it out, but I'm tapping out.

Anyways, who's got a source for where I can buy an ogx360? Preferably in the US.

Which Arduino board are you using? There are many different models.

Please login or register to see this link.

Ripdajacker's requirements list "Arduino Pro Micro or equivalent (atmega32u4 based)" so I'm pretty sure this is a correct board to use.

Where I'm getting hung up is the wiring of the two boards together. I can see that the Arduino is wired to the Pi's GPIO #9, #10, and #11 pins (MISO, MOSI, and SCLK), but I'm unsure about the brown wire going from the Arduino to the Pi.

Ripdajacker's diagram Please login or register to see this link.
Arduino pinout: Please login or register to see this link.
Pi GPIO pinout: Please login or register to see this link.

I'm pretty sure I can just match up the wiring diagram, but last I looked at it I couldn't match the pinouts and I didn't want to burn the board by trying and failing.

Plus, I've been looking into the ogx360 more lately and it looks to be a lot more polished in general, which has me curious. And $67 isn't a bad price for getting a full working kit.