OGXbox.com

Ogx360 or Ripdajac

GoTeamScotch

I'm wanting to use other controllers on my OG Xbox. Controllers such as Xbox 360 and ideally Xbox One controllers.

Everyone seems to recommend ogx360, but that seems to require a custom PCB and I'm not sure where to buy it. Alternatively, there's ripdajacker's project, which seems to be less polished but it also appears to support more controllers and only requires a raspberry pi and an atmega32u4 board, which are off-the-shelf parts.

What are the differences between these two projects? Which is best?

Thanks

Edited by GoTeamScotch

Just chiming back in here to say that I tried ripdajacker's method and holy crap. It turned out to be way more complicated than I thought. I've tinkered with Raspberry Pi's and such before, but I wasn't prepare for the learning curve of getting the arduino board flashed and working. I was going mad trying to follow guides and getting it flashed, then it turned out that I had to put it into a certain mode and flash the device within like 2 seconds before it went back to normal mode and I only found that out after like an hour of trying and failing.

Anyways, Once I got through setting up the Pi and the arduino board, the wiring diagram didn't match up to the arduino I had (doesn't seem to have an "ss" pin?) so I pretty much giving up at this point. I'm sure someone who's super familiar with all this can figure it out, but I'm tapping out.

Anyways, who's got a source for where I can buy an ogx360? Preferably in the US.

12 hours ago, GoTeamScotch said:

Just chiming back in here to say that I tried ripdajacker's method and holy crap. It turned out to be way more complicated than I thought. I've tinkered with Raspberry Pi's and such before, but I wasn't prepare for the learning curve of getting the arduino board flashed and working. I was going mad trying to follow guides and getting it flashed, then it turned out that I had to put it into a certain mode and flash the device within like 2 seconds before it went back to normal mode and I only found that out after like an hour of trying and failing.

Anyways, Once I got through setting up the Pi and the arduino board, the wiring diagram didn't match up to the arduino I had (doesn't seem to have an "ss" pin?) so I pretty much giving up at this point. I'm sure someone who's super familiar with all this can figure it out, but I'm tapping out.

Anyways, who's got a source for where I can buy an ogx360? Preferably in the US.

Which Arduino board are you using? There are many different models.

OSOYOO Pro Micro ATmega32U4 5V/16MHz Module Board with 2 Row pin Header for arduino Leonardo Replace ATmega328 Pro Mini

Ripdajacker's requirements list "Arduino Pro Micro or equivalent (atmega32u4 based)" so I'm pretty sure this is a correct board to use.

Where I'm getting hung up is the wiring of the two boards together. I can see that the Arduino is wired to the Pi's GPIO #9, #10, and #11 pins (MISO, MOSI, and SCLK), but I'm unsure about the brown wire going from the Arduino to the Pi.

Ripdajacker's diagram https://github.com/ripdajacker/xpad-avr/blob/master/xpad-avr-wiring.pdf
Arduino pinout: https://osoyoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Capture_115.png
Pi GPIO pinout: https://i.imgur.com/IINr0h3.png

I'm pretty sure I can just match up the wiring diagram, but last I looked at it I couldn't match the pinouts and I didn't want to burn the board by trying and failing.

Plus, I've been looking into the ogx360 more lately and it looks to be a lot more polished in general, which has me curious. And $67 isn't a bad price for getting a full working kit.

• 1 month later...

Hi Subieroadkill

N64 freak has a really compact 2 port version but he is waiting on parts to make some more  so probably approx 5 weeks delay 

maybe send a PM to him and get on the waiting list .

His version is plug and play just add a MS 360 wireless receiver  for the  Xbox 360 controllers or a 8bitdo receiver for a Xbox one controller and your off and playing.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 3/18/2020 at 12:42 AM, Subieroadkill said:

I have been waiting to order one of these ogx360s  so bad for a couple months now.......I got the card locked and loaded but I can never find anyone who has a complete kit.

I have hundreds in stock and can ship ASAP.  The easiest way to reach me is on Facebook (The Mod Shop by TEK Nemesis).  PM here if you don't have access to Facebook.