OGXbox.com

Bought a Modded Xbox

nodnal9

So, Im trying to add games into this modded xbox i bought on etzy. I can't FTP into it. 

Im using Fliezilla.

This is my what im doing

IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.250            User: xbox              Password:xbox                Port:21 

DIDTHE GUY CHANGE THE PASSWORD?

What's the IP address of your PC?

It has to be on the same subnet as the Xbox for FTP to work.

For example, 192.168.0.xxx (xxx: 1 to 254) for your PC with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 is not. 

The first 3 dotted decimal values have to match.

One possible solution - change the replacement dashboard's network settings to use DHCP instead of a static IP address.

I've seen nothing like that when connecting to any Xbox via FileZilla - usually what comes up are the list of Xbox drives/letter ID ie. C, E, F, G, .....X, Y, Z. Typically like this:-

FTP.thumb.jpg.8d877a335f14d472708d64e4af50dc44.jpg

There's something weird though because you'd expect with a first time connection to get that list of Xbox directories in the Remote site pane and the same under Filename in a pane below that. Why that is not there and what those dated folders are......................no idea. Hope somebody recognises them. A X-DSL (Damn Small Linux) set up perhaps? Never seen one so a pure guess.

How was it modded (softmod, chip, TSOP?) What main dash does it use? If it has a file manager can you access those same files?

I'm wondering if it might just be a very old dashboard installation of some type.

Could the Xbox have had another password added to protect files/folders?

What happens if you click on the folder at the very top? Usually that should take you back to previous or parent directory. 

2 hours ago, nodnal9 said:

did he Really FTP ALL THOSE GAMES!?!?!

if you can figure out how can add games to it. that'd be great! :)

I have FTP'd the same to and Xbox with a 2tb HDD It's slow but you set and forget about it for a day or 2.

The seller would be using a stand alone hard drive cloning device.

What was running on the Xbox when you were trying to FTP to it with FileZilla?

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

So the theory is that whilst nodnal9 was trying to FTP something was running on the Xbox already rather than idling on the main dash as it should be. Never thought of that as a possibility.

If you have an UnleashX dash installed as an app then I'd try using that whilst FTPing rather than whatever it was doing when you grabbed those screenshots.

So, i got out of the xbmc4gamers dashboard and went to the UnleashX dashboard. I typed in the ip address on the unleash X dashboard 

Xbox Static IP address: 192.168.1.250  WOULDN'T connect in filezilla

Changed it over to DCHP.. Reset xbox... went to unleash X dashboard... ip address is now: 192.168.0.17 (DHCP)

It connects with the weird Date Folders, I screenshoted above. It's Really strange. 

Somebody must recognise this set up and whats going on.

The Xbox is obviously working OK so the content can't just be those folders.

nodnal9 what does it show in the UnleashX file manager? Can you find those dated folders there and access the content?

Screenshots of you C:\drive, E:\drive files and wherever those folders are located might help? 

7 hours ago, nodnal9 said:

So, i got out of the xbmc4gamers dashboard and went to the UnleashX dashboard. I typed in the ip address on the unleash X dashboard 

Xbox Static IP address: 192.168.1.250  WOULDN'T connect in filezilla

Changed it over to DCHP.. Reset xbox... went to unleash X dashboard... ip address is now: 192.168.0.17 (DHCP)

It connects with the weird Date Folders, I screenshoted above. It's Really strange. 

What drive are you looking at on the Remote site/Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

On 2/6/2020 at 7:46 AM, nodnal9 said:

okay, i got into it now. these are the files that come up but it wont let me get into the folders. 

Yeah, that's an FTP server bug showing itself when using Filezilla and UnleashX 0.39.0528A Build 584.  If you revert back to a prior release of UnleashX - v0.39.0222A Build 572 the problem will go away or if you use @Rocky5's hex patched Build584.  All you have to replace is the default.xbe file.  However, to do so, you need to run a different replacement dashboard so you can overwrite UnleashX's default.xbe file safely.

So it is another v584 issue - interesting. I install it as an app but my main UnleashX dash has always been by preference for other reasons v572, just as kaos-engr suggested. Only problem is, unlike v584, it does not identify v1.4 - 1.6 correctly it reports them as v1.1(0b) or not at all.

First thing is to get hold of either that patched Rocky5 UX v584 XBE or a copy of UX v572. That is still easily found - AID4.53 discs/downloads bizarrely install both v584 and v572 depending on which options you select. It also, although I can not say for sure with updated versions, uses the v572 version itself. Like many installers SID/AID uses a modified UX dash and therefore its menu.xbe is often v572.

Point is that unless you have a Xbox compatible flash drive how are you going to get it to your Xbox. AID comes as an ISO and is meant to be burned to disc so as long as your disc drive is OK and you use DVD-R media. it is the ideal source. NB. you do not run the disc you're just using its files as a a source for the UX XBE. Just open the UX File Manager and go to the D:\drive and look through Files, Dashboards or that menu.xbe mentioned for UX XBEs.

The next thing to say is that the v572 or v584 patched XBE is all you need, nothing else. Transfer it to your Xbox HDD and put it in a temporary folder which can be anywhere. Create that folder using the UX File Manager of course. Rename the UX XBE file to "default.xbe".

Test it in the File Manager by clicking on the XBE and it should launch a UX dash. Go to System > Settings > System and see what version it is.

Assuming it is confirmed a v572 or you're using the patched v584 that's the first part done so reboot to your main dash.

The next part is where the danger may lie: you have to identify your UnleashX dash location.

The rest assumes you've relaunched the existing UX dash and are using its file manager not XBMC4Gamers.

There is a problem here and that is because you have a XBMC4Gamers main dash. That means your UX dash is installed somewhere else separate from that. I do not know the XBMC4Gamers' folder locations and if it is like Rocky5's XBST set up a lot of stuff, even though a softmod, is on the C:\drive and therefore likely Shadow C protected.

However if the UnleashX dash is being run from a folder: typically E:\Applications, Apps or Appz - yay!

Assuming the latter, that it is in E:\Applications or whatever, then there is no need to even touch the existing UX folder there. Simply rename your temporary folder to UnleashX v572 and copy that in full to E:\Applications.

It now contains the "default.xbe" and a default config.xml and item.xml generated when you tested it.

To get it to appear correctly as another app you have to rename the XBE. That is not the same as renaming the file as you did before, it is the embedded XBE name you need to change. Highlight (not launch) the "default.xbe" and press the WHITE controller button to bring up the context menu.

Scroll down until you come to the specific menu option "Rename XBE" and chose that. A virtual keyboard will appear with the current XBE name - that will most likely be UnleashX Dashboard Launcher or something other than default.xbe. Rename it to the same as your containing folder eg. "UnleashX v572" save and exit.

That should be it. Next time you reboot the Xbox you will have UnleashX v572 listed as an application you can select when FTPing.

I recommend doing a similar thing with the patched v584 if you're using that instead - but rename the folder and XBE appropriately or something like UnleashX FTP. Up to you.     

Edited by HDShadow

2 hours ago, nodnal9 said:

How do i go about doing this? I would like to know how to revert back to UnleashX- V.3.0222A. I'm brand new to this. Can you tell me step by step on how to do this? Do i start on the xbox or computer?

Something to try in Filezilla 

Press Ctrl I and untick all the remote filters

Cheers

SS Dave

8 hours ago, nodnal9 said:

I'm able to see the letters but i get the same exact message as before so widen the columns will not work. I tried all the Drives and it doesnt like it for some reason. Same Message as before. 

ss.png

Again, it's a bug in the UnleashX FTP server of v0.39.0528A Build 584. Widening the column only shows you the entire content of it.  It doesn't fix the bug.

You have to either replace the UnleashX dashboard with an older version v0.39.0222A Build 572 or Rocky5's hex edit patched version of Build 584.  Only the default.xbe file of your UnleashX dashboard install has to be replaced.  You can find where the UnleashX dashboard is running from in the System Info page - press the (Y) button when at a menu to display it. (https://imgur.com/Yvt0Q2b)

Or, you can manually enter /c/, /e/, etc. in the Remote Site: box above the Xbox directory listing to enter a drive partition/letter on the Xbox to browse its content.  Once inside a drive, double clicking on a folder works to enter that folder.  However, once you back up to the top-level with the garbage date / drive list, you again have to key-in the path to enter a different drive letter.