OGXbox.com

Lpc Rebuild Boards, Your Experience.

ChiPPyX

Just a quick question to throw out to the community. I just did my first 1.6 LPC rebuild using a rebuild PCB. I`ve done many LPC rebuilds the old school way, just running wires to the appropriate points, but I saw these boards, so I grabbed a few to try out.  I have mixed feelings about them. Yes, it was as simple as soldering the connections on the board to the point right next to them, and yes, they do look more professional, but did they save me any time, not really. With all the fiddling around trying to make sure all the points were exactly where they needed to be before tacking them in was a pain, and took way longer than if I had just run wires to where they needed to go.

What is everyone elses  opinion and experiences with these LPC rebuild boards.

When these were released the scene was full of people new to modding.

Many a Xbox was damaged due to lack of skill / care.

If you can handle a soldering iron and make a tidy job then i say why bother.

I've never used a rebuild header and most likely wont bother in the future.

Up to the individual user i say.     

Edited by Acidmank
Bad fingering of the keyboard.
  • Like 1

All the rebuild boards are the same and will do the same job, I just do it like the pic I posted.

If your using one of the boards clean the location 1st with Isopropyl and a brush and when soldering use Flux it's your best friend when soldering

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

6 hours ago, Halo_2 said:

That's the exact one I used, only with green solder mask. It did work, and was easy enough to install, but only after about 15 minutes of fiddling around trying to get all the points to line up. After a while I gave up trying to line them all up, and just went with a "good enough" install. I guess it's either spend time running wires, or spend time aligning everything best you can.

Edited by ChiPPyX