• Similar Content

• By FerociousOG
      So I recently picked up two virgin OG Xboxes at a thrift shop. A rev 1.1 and 1.4-1.5. took apart cleaned and removed the dreaded clock capacitor. Both working. 👍👍 First time owning OG Xbox.
      Q: If I Softmod my OG Xbox with Rocky5 and want to add a 2TB HDD SATA (plus 80pin IDE ribbon, IDE to SATA adaptor and clone my old HDD to new HDD), can I do that directly or do I need to do a TSOP Flash too?
      I reviewed these two videos but no mention a Softmod HDD size limitations. My understanding is 2TB in the max.
      Please login or register to see this link.
      Please login or register to see this link.
      Thanks!.
    • By HDShadow
      Came across this on another Xbox forum: guy tried to softmod with Rocky5's XBSMT using AUF. Installer worked to a point but at the stage where you're meant to reboot, eject the game disc and the softmod install completes he forgot to eject the AUF disc, it booted and the softmod did not complete.
      Result blank screen and from the sound of it the Xbox is still effectively in retail state but now without the retail MS dashboard. It cold boots original game discs including AUF but running the exploit again just reboots the console and the game reloads.
      It apparently won't cold boot burned discs, getting that confirmed just to be sure, but it means he can't use Rocky5's Xtras disc or any other recovery disc. The poster also said he tried to run a dash-updater afterwards to restore the original MS dash but 'it did not work'. I'm skeptical about that and am concerned it might have added another level of complexity to the problem.
      Likely no eeprom backup available but, again, that has to be confirmed.  
      What to do?
      My thought in the absence of other better advice is to delete the AUF game saves and try with SC or MechAssault or TH4 but I know from my own experience that re-softmodding like that does not always work, the games have a tendency to reboot rather that launch the installer.      
    • By Buckets172
      Hi All!
      First time poster here. 
      I pulled my old soft modded Xbox original out of storage a few weeks back because of the quarantine. Has been a lot of fun sharing all the old games and emulators with my son! Tonight he accidentally clicked on Xbox Live on one of the games and went thru the menu options. I caught it before he got too far i thought. No such luck! Now when i boot the Xbox and try to do the CD start (select song copy copy create new soundtrack) I get an error that too many soundtracks are created. I have tried the <<EggsBox>> trick and it does not work. It just relaunches the Xbox and keeps coming back with the same error. 
      I have spent the past 3 hours reading every forum I could find on here and other sites and I can not find a solution. 

I created this thing at least 15 years ago and have not modded an Xbox sense. When i created it I remember using a method that included FTPing into my Xbox and transferring all of the files. No modchip.I do not remember the actual name of the mod i used back then.
      I have read a lot about re-soft modding the Xbox. I am wondering the following:
      1. Is there any way for me to figure out what the original soft mod was without being able to get into the launch screen? 
      2. If i re-soft mod the Xbox will I lose all of the files/games I have on the Xbox?
      Any help would be much appreciated! 
      I'm really trying to fix this thing because my son now thinks he is the reason this thing is broken and believes we'll never be able to get it back. I would love to prove to him that his dad still has it and can figure this out!
      Thank you all in advance!

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.