OGXbox.com

shadow0191

Hey everyone, I got a lot of xbox's recently and I fixed them all and softmodded all of them except one.  The last one when using rocky5s method boots the game, let's me choose the save to start the softmod but then goes to the xbox dashboard and says it cant recognize the disc.  At first I thought maybe the DVD drive was bad so I swapped it with another, ended up trying 4 others, all did the same thing.  Any advice I'd really like to get this softmodded 

6 hours ago, Acidmank said:

Perhaps check the drive jumper on HDD and DVD,    I like to manually set them rather than have them on cable select.    ( had that go horribly wrong on a PC in the past )

You could but I have never seen a master/slave on a Xbox DVD drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

Is the AV cable a component high-definition or standard definition cable?

A high-definition (component) cable has 5 RCA jacks: 3 for Red, Green, and Blue component video output and 2 - Red and White for analog stereo audio out.

A Standard definition cable has 3 RCA jacks: 1 - Yellow for composite video out and 2 - Red and White for analog stereo audio out.

What game exploit/installer is being used?

Any chance you accidentally used the Splinter Cell PAL ones when it is NTSC?

Logical follow on from that: are you sure the console is NTSC? It could have been softmodded previously and swapped to PAL for some reason and returned to retail state region changed. With SD cables the NTSC and PAL MS dashes can appear similar at first glance.

There can be some weird things happen if the Xbox has been previously softmodded and you use the same exploitable game with different exploit/installers files. It is possibly caused by leftovers in TDATA although there's never been any real testing to prove/disprove that theory. The solution suggested is to use another exploitable game instead. Any possibility you can try that?   

7 hours ago, shadow0191 said:

Yeah both save files are on the hard drive.   Worked late today so didnt get a chance to try the older softmod yet.  I've tried using splinter cell and tont hawk pro skater 4 and both do the same thing 

What about the NTSC/PAL console/game region matter? Have checked that too?

Probably done this but make sure the two exploit/installer saves are from a fresh source and not copied in from another Xbox.   

• 2 weeks later...

So I couldn't get any game exploits to work the system would kick out everytime.  The system wont even boot splinter cell at all anymore.  I tried to hotswap it to my laptop using an ide to USB adapter and xplorer360.  It read it and let me remove files but freezes everytime I try to put on the new

Sounds like a disc drive failure issue of some sort. If it is not even reading the SC game disc now that's an indication of a disc drive problem.

Is the problem repeated with other original games' discs?

I do not understand why you needed to hotswap the HDD either, that's risking damage to the HDD unnecessarily. Couldn't you delete the existing exploitable game saves on the Xbox itself?

Do you have any attached memory cards or flash drives? If so remove them. All you should be using is a SD cable to the TV and an official MS Xbox controller ie. Duke or Controller-S..

I've put I think 4 different DVD drives in it.  That I know work, i got 11 xbox's kicking around, it will play any game but splinter cell. Even tried 4 different copies of the game.  I'm using all the stuff that came with my xbox from when I was a kid even the Duke controller.  I've tried loading rocky5 softmod files multiple times and even tried an older softmod

2 hours ago, shadow0191 said:

I've put I think 4 different DVD drives in it.  That I know work, i got 11 xbox's kicking around, it will play any game but splinter cell. Even tried 4 different copies of the game.  I'm using all the stuff that came with my xbox from when I was a kid even the Duke controller.  I've tried loading rocky5 softmod files multiple times and even tried an older softmod

Sorry you may have mentioned this earlier but what about the region?

If your Xbox is PAL or NTSC that someone has switched to PAL but forgot to return to NTSC when they removed a previous softmod and you're using a NTSC SC disc or visa versa that could well explain all the problems described.