OGXbox.com

XBmc4gamers Fatal Error

Swirlygiver

Hi, I have been talking to Rocky5 just now about this when I saw the email notification.  So basically your guisettings.xml is corrupt due to you either turning off the console as it was writing to the file or you starting a game as it was writing to the file. You should be able to FTP in from there. If not grab your favourite disk that will allow FTP,  his extras disk for example. Remove the guisettings.xml and it will be replaced. Or overwrite it with the guisettings.xml from the prebuilt xbmc4gamers on his GitHub. Or hold Y+White when booting to force recovery mode. 

All the best

2 minutes ago, Swirlygiver said:

I can’t seem to ftp them in

can I burn them to disc and copy them in from file manager in UnleahX?

Are you using FTP while the Xbox is on the fatal error image?

if so, try to run Rocky5s extra disc and then FTP into the Xbox.

I'm still stumped.  I even went into File Manager on UnleashX and tried moving the XBMC4gamers folder from E to F, thinking I would replace it with a new copy.  The directory \XBMC4gamers\System cannont be moved, it can be copied, I managed to rename it and create a new one with the correct contents.  But it still won't delete or move.  So I'm completely lost on how to get it running again.  I've temporarily switched back to booting to UnleashX, but I really loved XBMC4gamers, and want it back....

5 hours ago, Cian Cunningham said:

Hi, I have been talking to Rocky5 just now about this when I saw the email notification.  So basically your guisettings.xml is corrupt due to you either turning off the console as it was writing to the file or you starting a game as it was writing to the file. You should be able to FTP in from there. If not grab your favourite disk that will allow FTP,  his extras disk for example. Remove the guisettings.xml and it will be replaced. Or overwrite it with the guisettings.xml from the prebuilt xbmc4gamers on his GitHub. Or hold Y+White when booting to force recovery mode. 

All the best

It appears to be more than just that file that corrupted somehow because that \XBMC4gamers\system\ directory was empty.  And my FTP problems were just while trying to access/write to that directory.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Swirlygiver

Just now, Swirlygiver said:

Thanks naits.  But That doesnt help much.   I can FTP in, I just don't know how get it going again.. I am running it on a TSOP v1.0, which already had the softmod files removed.

Np man, I am out of ideas for now.. I will post back if I find something related to this. :) Good luck!

The directory listing looked normal other than, like I said, the XBMC4gamers\system directory was empty, and won’t let me do anything with it. 

Do I need to join this site, to do this:

8 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Also, download the xbmc.log file, post a copy of it to pastebin.com and add a link to it in a new comment here.

17 minutes ago, Swirlygiver said:

The directory listing looked normal other than, like I said, the XBMC4gamers\system directory was empty, and won’t let me do anything with it. 

Do I need to join this site, to do this:

No, you can post as a guest on pastebin.com and copy the link from your browser on the page after you submit the file contents.

To me, it looks like there's something wrong with the hard drive:

15:47:35 M: 56582144  NOTICE: Mapping drive T to Harddisk0\Partition1\XBMC4Gamers\system\UserData\
15:47:35 M: 56582144   ERROR: Failed to create symbolic link!  (status=0xc0000034)

and 

15:47:41 M: 56553472  NOTICE: Mapping drive P to Harddisk0\Partition1\XBMC4Gamers\system\UserData\
15:47:41 M: 56553472   ERROR: Failed to create symbolic link!  (status=0xc0000034)
15:47:41 M: 56553472  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
15:47:41 M: 56553472  NOTICE: loading special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml
15:47:41 M: 56553472   ERROR: Unable to load special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, creating new special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml with default values
15:47:41 M: 56508416   ERROR: Unable to save settings to special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml
Previous line repeats 1 times.

These drive mappings, file access and new file creation of guisettings.xml are failing.

Is XBMC4Gamer's your default dashboard?

Can you run a different replacement dashboard (e.g., UnleashX) instead of XBMC4Gamers?

If so, how much free space is available on the hard drive partition where XBMC4Gamer's is installed?  

it was a brand new drive.  I had made XBMC4gamers the default dash, but I'm now booting to UnleashX temporarily.  I'll have to look at whats left on E.  That's where they say to put XBMC4gamers.  I did move all the Apps out of E, in case space was becoming an issue.

What's odd is it's only the \XBMC4gamers and \XBMC4gamers\system directories that it won't let me do anything with

Edited by Swirlygiver

So now that I have it working, maybe I caused this by shutting off while XBMC was writing, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Is there anything different about ending games or shutting off as compared to other dashboards?   I still soft boot after Xbox games, right?  I have been using return to launcher on emulators and homebrew when I see it. I shutdown from the controls in xbmc.