OGXbox.com

Noomi Says Greetings!

Noomi

Hi,

Norway checking in!

Back in early 200s i owned a chipped xbox, but sold it. In the last two weeks I have suddenly bought a chipped, and an original xbox. IDE/Sata-adapters 80-wires cables, capacitors etc are on the way from ebay and I have spent alot of this weekend downloading and unpacking games.

Man its so much fun! Thanks for this excellent forum guys!

7 hours ago, Noomi said:

Hi,

Norway checking in!

Back in early 200s i owned a chipped xbox, but sold it. In the last two weeks I have suddenly bought a chipped, and an original xbox. IDE/Sata-adapters 80-wires cables, capacitors etc are on the way from ebay and I have spent alot of this weekend downloading and unpacking games.

Man its so much fun! Thanks for this excellent forum guys!

Norway here as well! Just got hold on a xbox last week. So far I've softmoded and flashed my TSOP. Only waiting for 80-pin ribbon cable and a sata adapter.

You going to replace the clock cap? It's okay to just remove it. If you plan to softmod it will receive the time from the internet anyway.

I owned an og xbox when it first came out as well. But suddenly a couple of weeks ago, i got the urge to get one and turn it into a EMULATION box.

And greetings to you! 

56 minutes ago, naits said:

Norway here as well! Just got hold on a xbox last week. So far I've softmoded and flashed my TSOP. Only waiting for 80-pin ribbon cable and a sata adapter.

You going to replace the clock cap? It's okay to just remove it. If you plan to softmod it will receive the time from the internet anyway.

I owned an og xbox when it first came out as well. But suddenly a couple of weeks ago, i got the urge to get one and turn it into a EMULATION box.

And greetings to you! 

Hey (Heisann)

Removed the clock cap on the 1.4 xbox of course, but on the 1.6 you are no supposed to remove it. It has to be replaced. 1.6 is not like the other models.

I am going to replace all the other caps. A set of caps for the 1.6 on was very cheap.

31 minutes ago, Noomi said:

Hey (Heisann)

Removed the clock cap on the 1.4 xbox of course, but on the 1.6 you are no supposed to remove it. It has to be replaced. 1.6 is not like the other models.

I am going to replace all the other caps. A set of caps for the 1.6 on was very cheap.

Hehe, Heisann ja.

Yes on the 1.6 it's a different story ;) Ahh I haven't thought about doing that.. That might be something I could do to mine as well. I've got a 1.4 Xbox. Any possibility you might send me a link to the set of caps you bought? :)

40 minutes ago, Noomi said:

I bought these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motherboard-capacitors-for-Original-Xbox-console-Version-1-6-ZedLabz/372766644827?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

But they are specific for the 1.6. I have not located a set that works for the other models yet. But i do need one for me 1.4, same as you.

Thank you :) I guess I could just look at the caps, the next time I have my Xbox open... To see the details of what they are.. So I/we can just get replacements that way.

Just found this site: https://no.farnell.com/c/passive-components/capacitors

19 minutes ago, bot_1 said:

Hi guys and welcome to the forum!

Since you are talking about replacing caps: some time ago, i found a excellent post in another forum listing all the caps for the different xbox versions. Have a look:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48951

Greetings and happy modding!

Bot

Thank you :) 

And thank you for that link! Now it just became a lot easier :D 

-------------------------------------------
Versions 1.2 to 1.5
-------------------------------------------

Mobo Caps:
13x 25v 22uf Nichicon VR
7x 25v 100uf Nichicon VR
3x 6.3v 3300uf Nichicon HM