OGXbox.com

Tsop HeXEn Install Questions

Swirlygiver

The link to KaosEngineer's earlier thread I posted is good for the full AID package but read my post at the end of that thread because the two part zip archive has been incorrectly packed.

If you're looking specifically for an ISO to burn and the AID package or whatever it is you want is only available in original file form you can turn it or anything else into a Xbox ISO very easily and quickly using either of these two PC programs: Qwix or C-Xbox Tool (v2.07) they're both still easily found and the GUI is fairly intuitive.

https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2583-iso-format-games-help/&do=findComment&comment=16805

The true full AID package should actually contain a tool to build a custom AID ISO. That can include various fixes, a dummy file and addon packs like skins for the dashboards. As long as you do not exceed the DVD-R 4.37GiB limit you can create your own addon packs for Emulator ROMs or whatever else you want. There is nothing to stop you replacing the existing AID application versions with more recent ones either.

XBMC is an obvious candidate for that as I think the most recently updated AID downloads I've used install XBMC v3.00 rather than the, likely final version: v3.5.3. In this way AID can become a genuinely personalised installer resource.

It may even be possible to burn it to a dual-layer DVD and so you could add even more if your disc drive is OK with that type of disc media. TBH I've never even thought of trying that as I prefer to install AID to the HDD from a Lite version disc and then add/update other stuff by FTP.       

Edited by HDShadow
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 1:26 AM, SS_Dave said:

I did say it's my version of the Mechassult game save hack and it's a single game save.

There is a Bios folder in the game save that has BIOS's in it or you can use Xblast to flash via the network.

You also have the option to FTP to a bog stock Xbox and retrive the eeprom backup folder that can be made from the main menu also lock/unlock a hard drive and any other option that Xblast offers.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

Hey Dave, any chance of uploading that save somewhere, sounds like a huge time saver when tsop'ing :)

2 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

Hey Dave, any chance of uploading that save somewhere, sounds like a huge time saver when tsop'ing :)

I will let it out in to the wild soon as I am still tweaking it(90% happy) and the problem with Mechassault is you need the NON live version.

I have 50% finished my 007 Agent Under Fire and just starting with Splinter cell as well.

My problem to many projects at one time.

Port 3 is USB and has a DVD dongle that can work simultaneously and the IR is hidden above the eject button and still has 15 meter range

Port 4 is an OGX360 for controllers 1 and 2

Port 1 and 2 are normal OG Xbox controllers.

IMG_20200216_170232.thumb.jpg.1ba9153f8b3d4cbceb6fc8f180e15a99.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like having a wank, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

I will let it out in to the wild soon as I am still tweaking it(90% happy) and the problem with Mechassault is you need the NON live version.

I have 50% finished my 007 Agent Under Fire and just starting with Splinter cell as well.

My problem to many projects at one time.

Port 3 is USB and has a DVD dongle that can work simultaneously and the IR is hidden above the eject button and still has 15 meter range

IMG_20200216_170232.thumb.jpg.1ba9153f8b3d4cbceb6fc8f180e15a99.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like having a wank, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Whos been a busy boy then :P

On 2/16/2020 at 5:53 AM, SS_Dave said:

What do you use your usb for?  And what is “and OGX360 for controllers 1 and 2”?

I would also love it if you were to post your exploits, to allow TSOP flash without softmod. 

6 hours ago, Swirlygiver said:

What do you use your usb for?  And what is “and OGX360 for controllers 1 and 2”?

I would also love it if you were to post your exploits, to allow TSOP flash without softmod. 

The USB can be used for a memory card or a mouse for XBMC and I really just put it there because the bracket I 3D printed holds 2 USB's 

The OGX360 allows me to use a Xbox one controller in place of port 1 or 2 Xbox 360 controllers inplace of controller 1 and 2, If I plug a Original Xbox control in port 1 or 2 that overrides the wireless ones

But why would you want corded controller.

The game save exploits are still coming but as I have had some paid work in the last two weeks the Xbox work has slowed down a bit I gotta to pay the bills somehow.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing

The OGX 360 was designed by one of the forum members here.

https://github.com/Ryzee119/ogx360

There is 2 versions the one like in the post above that can be made for up to 4 players or the one that I got from N64 freak also a forum member that's 2 player max.

IMG_20200204_120029.thumb.jpg.bb8edcfd651f12dd88185d64df638dc1.jpg

Just add a 8bitdo for a Xbox one controller. send Lukas N64 freak a PM

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2020 at 7:04 AM, KaosEngineer said:

There's a link to download it, named testlaunch, on the originalXbox subreddit wiki - https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/testlaunch

Update: There's also a version of it in this web site's download section:  (you have to have enough forum posts to be allowed to download it or pay a minimal amount for a yearly subscription for instant access:

This file I believe has many filler files in it.  Meant to be burned to a DVD-R disc to fill it so the Xbox's DVD drive will recognize it. 

Update: Just checked, it is only a small XISO (dot iso) file not really the version you need to burn a disc for the Xbox DVD drive to reliably recognize it.

The testlaunch version is meant to be installed to the Xbox hard drive.  No additional filler files needed.

Update 2: There is another version that expands to 2-4GBs, from an archive not much larger than either of these two veresions. I don't recall the exact size - I believe it was on theisozone.com - now offline. :( 

I will add a link to it once I track it down.

thanks will get this!

• 4 weeks later...