naits

Surreal64 - Black Screen

Hello, I've just joined this forum as i have just softmoded(Rocky5 with XBMC-Emustation) my ogxbox.. But I am running into an issue when I try to launch the emulator.. The screen is just black. But I am able to hit B to close it again. So it seems it's running? But not able to show me anything on screen?

Also currently downloading DoomX homebrew, to see if that launches..

Regards Naits.

Edited by naits

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Did you use the XBMC-Emustation's built-in downloader to install the N64 emulator?  

Yes I did....

I've managed to get the Black Screen away, and some games worked at some point.. But now nothing(Haven't changed any settings since then) it just goes back to the home screen. And every rom is from "EWJ 212 Standalone"

Here look:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Stephen
      I've been trying to install the Rocky5 softmod on a v1.6 and I keep hitting the same wall.  I've scoured the forums and tried every suggestion found with no difference and I'm appealing for more ideas/suggestions. 
      Using SC, I load the Linux profile and click the next screen for checkpoints, then screen goes black.  There is no response or activity on the XBOX - no sound of drives moving, no change in LED color.  I've waited some time and nothing more.
      - Swapped component and composite cables and 2 different TVs. Tried with component cable and set to "Normal", tried with composite cable
      - recopied the game save to USB and to XBOX hdd.
      -confirmed NTSC game version
      -tried with multiple SC saves (tested game, it works) and with none (original attempts and after deleting test profile)
      The version of SC will play - I made a new profile and started it, then deleted that profile. 
      I know in advance that I should just put in a mod chip.... walking before I run
      Thank you Rocky5 for the hard work on the softmod and MrMario for the instructional video that I apparently needed.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 
    • By MightyPoo
      Hi people, I recently soft modded my 1.4 Xbox following Mr. Mario's Rocky5 guide. I've since set XBMC4Gamers as the default dashboard.
      When I first power up the console on I just get a blank screen, to get the XBMC dash to load correctly I need to open and close the disk tray.

Any ideas for how I could fix this?

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.