OGXbox.com

Hard Disk 1 Tb of 1.6

shaokhann

Hi, guys. I have a problem. I'd like to admit a 1 tb hard drive into an xbox 1.6 with modchip AladdinXT. Unfortunately, by inserting the hard disk with the dvd of rocky5 or Wizard, the hdd is not recognized. I tried in my xbox 1.0 with the same chip, and it is recognized. Partitioning is everything, it is recognized. I put it back in the xbox 1.6 but it is not recognized. If I remember correctly, it's an eeprom problem. Can you help me?

4 hours ago, shaokhann said:

Hi, guys. I have a problem. I'd like to admit a 1 tb hard drive into an xbox 1.6 with modchip AladdinXT. Unfortunately, by inserting the hard disk with the dvd of rocky5 or Wizard, the hdd is not recognized. I tried in my xbox 1.0 with the same chip, and it is recognized. Partitioning is everything, it is recognized. I put it back in the xbox 1.6 but it is not recognized. If I remember correctly, it's an eeprom problem. Can you help me?

What do you mean not recognized? not booting?

Are you using a 80 way cable?

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

All right, then. In my xboxes with.1tb hard drives, I never needed to.use.the.80-wire.cable,just.the.original.one. The problem is that a.new.1tb.hdd,.with.the.hexen/xwizard.dvd,.I.can.easily.prepare.it. The.problem.is.if.I.wanted.to.install.the.same.hard.disk.on.an.xbox.of.a.friend.of.my.friend.who.mounts.the.same.chip. Not even.with.chimp.I.can.do.that. Bottom line,.in.mine.I.can.mount.it,.in.my.friend's.one.it.isn't.recognized,.they.don't.even.read.the.dvd.with.that.hard.disk (.but.in.my.xbox.it.works.perfectly). This xbox where I would like to upgrade the.disc, mounts a 320gb and despite.chimp.tells.me.that.I have done.the.cloning,.as soon.as.I.master.the.sata.adapter,.the.discode.error.13( and.does.not.make.me.boot.the.dvd). The.console has updated m8 f and g bios of rocky5,. Despite everything, if the unrecognized hard disk, I put it back in my.console, not only works, but I see.that.chimp didn't really.clone anything, leaving.everything.cpme.was.before. I.tried.in.both.consoles.to.override.the.eeprom.control.on.the.hard.disks (all.32.codes.in.0),.but.nothing. I.don't know.what to do.

At first, the way your post appear do not make them more readable..... 

I have one Xbox that totally refuses all of my sata converters, no Matter what I try.... 

On another Xbox it works fine with Samsung DVD, but hangs with Thomson DVD. 

Also had some issues with bad caps on the Mainboard and power supply. 

Try changing all the parts except for the Mainboard at first, to determine if it is really the Mainboard. 

9 hours ago, shaokhann said:

How is the drive configured?  have you tried moving the master slave cable select jumper?   is the drive locked in any way or perhaps has been?

Perhaps zero fill the beginning and end drive to make it appear blank? 

It sound like the drive is locked to the other Xbox with a Null key and the version still has the key from the OE drive or the mod chip in the version 1.6 is looking in the wrong spot

Try putting the non working drive in the 1.6 and boot the Xbox with your Install disk in the drive and see if you can set it up as a new drive?

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.