OGXbox.com

XBox Og Upgrade

solarriors

Hello everybody,
I've been reading the forums for a few months, and I have to request something that is very dearly to me. It comes after the small intro.

I have a previously modded Xbox OG, but I failed I reckon and it only boots the official bios now. I want to thank my dad for showing what gaming was back in 1994, and purchasing me a Dreamcast in 1999 and the Xbox in 2002...Nostalgia Highway to Memories Camp...😔✌🏽️

So The Year is 2020, and now I want to have a definitive ultimate version/edition of my Xbox that've kept for almost two decades.

I've seen CPU, RAM, DVD reader and belt, capacitors, IDE/SATA cables replacements or upgrades, the HDMI mod and the GPU overclock. This all made me have fantaisies, I am too little knowledgeable about the electronics modding and skills.
Basically I am searching for someone that can mod my Xbox and upgrade the specs. I am living in the area next to the Border between Switzerland and southern Germany.
I don't know what are the exact component bust my requirements is to be able to at least play games with patched .xbe for the DLCs
(that I purchased back then, looking at PGR2 and SWBF2)(I still have all physical games with me) and 720p patches as well as some N64, PS1 and Dreamcast emulators with HDMI output (I have the Scart Advanced Pack & HD AV Pack imported from US). I have two Xboxes. One is a v1.1, the other 1.6. Both have a 500Gb HDD. Everything can be cleared and wiped. Softmod must be anyway.

The purpose for my Xbox is to be the Leisure Room console with couch/cabinet setup. It hasn't a commercial purpose.
A typical scenario is : I want to show my friends old gems and just play from time to time with my brother who shared the experiences with me (I am the elder brother).
So it has a purely gaming use of OG Xbox games and Retroarch emulator. As well as maintaining tools for archiving and updating

I am confused, it's true, about modchips having only used softmods. A Modchip is a hardmod right ? Which Modchip is the most developer or last updated?
I am thinking about the Xecuter 3 and X-Chip ones after looking through the 4th Gen comparison chart in the forum here.

I always wondered why people would use many launchers and different OS, with different features like remote media or other networking services?
I don't want to have too much things. It must be pretty straight forward for gaming clear, quick and clean.
I hope N64 Freak 
(even when he/you said a month ago you're not actively offering them for long anymore), Neighbor or some one knowledgeable reads this 😍

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad to have happy times in the forums !

Edited by solarriors

Hello,

the 1.6 can not be upgraded to 128 Mb, only your 1.1. The most visual quality for hdmi is N64Freak solution. If you want the perfect motherboard, you can ask N64Freak for a cpu upgraded, hdmi output and also 128Mb upgrade. I can only do 128 Mb upgrade and wii2hdmi quality upgrade using a pcb adapter. It works, but this is a bit nicer with N64Freak solution. wii2hdmi solution has less quality on low resolution.

If you need me, I am near Lyon in France.

bye

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, solarriors said:

@Benur75 Ah j'ai de la famille près de Genève en plus !
And what is then with the XOSVP and the chimeric solutions HDMI Adapter. This is all really confusing.

I'd like to to know, too. I heard about XOSVP a while ago and thought it sounded great. I emailed the creator, but never received a response. Seems he's gone quiet on it.

The external cghimeric solution is a good solution if you don't want to chnage à lot your xbox or if you wand to re use your adapter.

With N64Freak or Wii2hdmi pcb, you have to fully remove original av connector.

XOSVP is a component to VGA.

bye

Edited by Benur75
mistake

5 hours ago, Benur75 said:

XOSVP is a component to VGA.

No, it is not.

The XOSVP is an Xbox to component video with optical audio output adapter. 

The short cable connecting the Xbox to the external adapter uses a VGA connector but it is not VGA out.  The VGA cable/connector provided an inexpensive way to provide shielded impedance matched 75 Ohm coax cables needed to carry and connect the high frequency component video, and other wires for digital audio and other signals from the Xbox to the external adapter box.