OGXbox.com

Dvd2XBox Question

Swirlygiver

I used DVD2Xbox to put a number of games on my hd.  It created a folder /DVD2Xbox in my games folder, but it isn’t a copy of DVD2Xbox.  And I started to delete it and noticed it started taking games with it. What is this?  And if I can’t delete without causing issue can I at least stop it from appear in my games list in my Dashboard?

That’s kinda like what I’m wondering, like it’s some sort of index of incomplete files or something.  I started to delete it, and it deleted like 3 games without, before I hit cancel.  Everything seems to function fine if I leave it there, but it shows up in the game list, which is kinda irritating. 

• 4 weeks later...

Late to this: has this odd problem been explained/resolved?

I was wondering if it was a temporary file DVD2Xbox might have created containing part files or even just path locations of anything that failed to copy. You should read the message that appears when DVD2Xbox finishes the copying. If any files did not copy then that needs to be sorted at that point.

I've not had any problem like that in a decade and never with original game discs only burned ISOs with disc batch faults. So I really cannot remember what options you're given at that point.

I'm thinking that if you delete that file you're deleting the failed to copy files and it will delete the incomplete game at the same time too.

Before that the game(s) probably still booted so you were not aware of any problem because the missing files were not critical.

• 2 months later...