OGXbox.com

Playstation Emulation

David McKenna

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found a thread, actually here, where the poster mentions a similar PCSX Emulator problem and said the solution is to use both .bin and .cue files. Apparent it should work if they're in a zipped folder but it may not so unpacking them loose to the emulator's games folder (psxcds) was what worked.

Its a long time since I used the Xbox PCSXbox Emulator as I have many other ways of playing PS games still without resorting to emulation but I think that is what you find even with some of the default games that come with the emulator installation.

I've just checked my F:\Emultators\PCSXbox v23\psxcds and its a real mishmash: Bushido Blade and Twisted Metal both have .bin and cue, WRC only has a .bin, Crash Bandicoot uses an.img file created with CloneCD so also includes a .ccd and .sub file and Gex................no extension shown and its not a zipped or RARed archive either.

The fact is they all launch but when I played WRC it prompts you to use the .cue file, if available, which suggests it is preferred to launch some games.