OGXbox.com

Dvd2XBox - Acl Processing Not Supported Over Smb

QuazyPat

Hey everyone,

I started ripping my games to my HDD (stock) using DVD2Xbox and then FTPing them over to my PC. I ran into the first game in my library, though, that is too large to fit on the stock HDD (Jade Empire). I'm planning on upgrading the HDD at some point anyway, but for now I figured I would use the "Copy DVD/CD to Samba share" feature of DVD2Xbox so that I can just rip it over the network to my PC.

I have created a shared folder on my Windows 10 PC and made sure all of the appropriate network sharing/permissions options are set. I updated the DVD2Xbox config XML with the shared folder information. When I try to begin ripping the disc, though, I receive an error: "ACL processing is not supported over SMB." I tried going to the DVD2Xbox settings and setting General/Enable ACL Processing to "No", but no luck.

I have tried searching online for a solution to this for some time, but have only found a few relevant threads. Of course they all end with someone saying "I fixed it," but nothing else.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there a setting on my Xbox or PC that I need to change? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi QuazyPat

What version of DVD2Xbox are you using I remember that some games had ACL errors when copping to a Xbox hard drive I just can't remember much more than that it' been that long since I have used DVD2Xbox 15+ years.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

Not really as just over 2 years ago Is stumbled across a torrent with 90% of the Xbox games in it from memory it was 1.6 terabyte zipped that I uploaded to a 2tb drive and no I can't remember where it came from.

Most of the games I had before I got the torrent where done by swapping games for Xbox upgrades. I mod you Xbox for a copy of your games I don't have type of thing.

You may have to wait until you get a bigger hard drive and then use DVD2Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Not really as just over 2 years ago Is stumbled across a torrent with 90% of the Xbox games in it from memory it was 1.6 terabyte zipped that I uploaded to a 2tb drive and no I can't remember where it came from.

Most of the games I had before I got the torrent where done by swapping games for Xbox upgrades. I mod you Xbox for a copy of your games I don't have type of thing.

You may have to wait until you get a bigger hard drive and then use DVD2Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

Haha, I had a feeling you were going to say that. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait until I put in a new HDD, then. Thanks anyway.

• 3 months later...

I really like this idea of using SMB to transfer games. I will do this to take copies to my Server (8TB backup of all my stuff). Did you resolve the issue and get ACLs across?

P.S. Sorry to drag up old posts but I am a NOOb and my first step with the revival of the 360 console is to get my game discs in order. Would hate to find that games are no longer usable so a backup seems to be a good way to start.