OGXbox.com

Cannot Load Hexen Cd Anymore After Tsop

hapyman

Hi Admin,

Thank you for your reply. The DVD drive reads my retail XBOX games and audio CDs perfectly. So I don't think the DVD drive is failing.

It only has trouble reading the Hexen dvd. I was able to load the Hexen DVD during the initial TSOP stage. After TSOP, the Hexen is no longer loading.

I prefer to use the DVD to repair or fix any issues in the future if my HD fails. Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, hapyman said:

Hi Admin,

Thank you for your reply. The DVD drive reads my retail XBOX games and audio CDs perfectly. So I don't think the DVD drive is failing.

It only has trouble reading the Hexen dvd. I was able to load the Hexen DVD during the initial TSOP stage. After TSOP, the Hexen is no longer loading.

I prefer to use the DVD to repair or fix any issues in the future if my HD fails. Any ideas?

Your logic is pretty flawed. 
You think your drive is good because it reads pressed games and pressed audio cds perfectly, yet won't read your burned dvd. 
You're describing a failing dvd drive to the letter. If you'd prefer to use the dvd drive, you may have to purchase another or you can try the pot tweak for your drive. 

You could try making a new Hexen disk and when your burning it set the write speed as slow as the burner will go , Also some USB style DVD/CD writers are slower than built in one's.

I also have a preference for Verbatim DVD-r disk's but you may need to try different brands and types DVD-r, DVD+r, DVD-rw  it can be hit and miss.

As Admin has posted now that you can network in to the Xbox that's the most reliable way to get files on your Xbox.

And as it's been mentioned before the all the drives are getting to the end of there life and the 1st sign is having problems reading copied disk's and slightly marked ones.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

• 3 weeks later...

If you use SID/AID discs the start up delay is even greater than HeXEn - typically for me 45 seconds whilst HeXEn is 25 -30 seconds. Even when you install either on the HDD there is a significantly delayed boot.

I think it may be down to the dummy file used to make the discs more readable across the range of disc drives the Xbox uses. But if it is not then I'd be interested to know myself what causes the delay.