OGXbox.com

Mechassault Dlc?

JetSetRadioo

I put the DLC installer in the E Games folder and installed them. They show up in my saved games, but not in game. I used the same method with unreal championship and it worked, but other games like crimson skies didn't work. Downloaded from here:

https://digiex.net/threads/xbox-offline-xbox-live-downloadable-content-dlc-installers.675/

Thanks for the reply!

14 hours ago, JetSetRadioo said:

Yeah there was. I just deleted all mechassault data, and popped the ntsc version in and then reinstalled everything. Didn't work. Does it even matter I have a ntsc disc? 

Is your console an NTSC or PAL version? 

If PAL, have you changed it to NTSC mode by running the EnigmaH Video Switcher v2 application. This Xbox application is known by a few other names: NTSC-PAL Switcher, Video Switcher v2, Video Mode Switch, video_select_v2_enigmah-x, etc.).

3 hours ago, JetSetRadioo said:

Thanks for the response, but it didn't work. I think it only switches video mode not emulation. Is there maybe a way to change the dlc file itself, to make it pal? 

Not that I know of.

Is your game the PAL or NTSC version?

THe offline DLC installer may only work with the NTSC version of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

GUIDE TO PLAY MECHASSAULT WITH MODDED DLC, GRINDER ENHANCED & EXPANDED MULTIPLAYER MOD FROM ELITE HEROES ON A PAL RGH XBOX 360 :

1) Get yourself a copy of "legitimate" MechAssault game in extracted (folder) form. Put the game folder anywhere (internal HDD, external USB HDD or a thumb drive)

2) Before scanning via Aurora/ Freestyle dash, make sure you hex edit the xbox.xex file found in compatibility folder located in the HDDX partition. Use Xextool program to decrypt the file first (instruction and download link: https://digiex.net/threads/xextool-6-3-download.9523/)

3) Use Hex Editor program to open the decrypted xbox.xex file. Use search function to find Halo CE title ID which is 4D530004 and change it to MechAssault title ID which is 4D530017. 

4) Then click save. Encrypt the file using the xextool program and copy back to where it belong in the RGH. This will make MechAssault to register using Halo CE's emulator file which is xefu.xex so that the game can be played on RGH without the need to do the swap ID (default.xbe) method.

5) Repeat the same process with the xefu.xex file but this time search for 48104E9954, change first 4 bytes to 386000FF in order to set the calls for xgetGameRegion to always NTSC (region 1 for original Xbox). 

6) OPTIONAL: You can also change your console region via xeBuildGUI_V3.4 or J-Runner program by re-flashing your nand dump which is risky but safe if you know what your are doing (CPU KEY is required, get it from dashlaunch program). This is for a better compatibility in order for the modded MechAssault DLC to work.

7) Follow instruction on how to mod the MechAssault game folder at https://discord.com/channels/435858243798040577/790857501792665670 (install the Base Mod first then Grinder Enhanced and lastly the Expanded Multiplayer mod. Just copy paste and replace the files inside the game folder.)

8) Make sure to install the modded DLC files (read instruction in Grinder Enhanced folder) in an empty $c folder located at HDD1 > Compatibility > Xbox1 > TDATA > 4D530017 folder.

PLAY THE GAME!!!!

By Faiz Na'aman (A Malaysian)