OGXbox.com

Internet Connection Issues

GamerOne

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me regarding connecting my Xbox one to my internet via a wired connection ( Ethernet cable ) we have recently just moved to new house and since then I’m able to use a wired connection wireless is NOT fine, there is nothing wrong with the Ethernet cable as it allows me to use it on internet. I have spoken to the house’s landlord it is service provider Bell (I am in CA) and they told me there was a few steps I could follow online and make my own server designated to my Xbox one, however they want me to purchase their router from them with password? I want to use my own router (as I have one Netgear) & settings that make my own server and at the end however it kept saying unable to connect due to  no valid IP address, before I went into my router settings the Ethernet on its own works for xbox but not for my Playstation 3 with the same error msg no valid ip address found(when connected ethernet cable to PS3) ? Any help towards this would be appreciated cheers.

40 minutes ago, GamerOne said:

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me regarding connecting my Xbox one to my internet via a wired connection ( Ethernet cable ) we have recently just moved to new house and since then I’m able to use a wired connection wireless is NOT fine, there is nothing wrong with the Ethernet cable as it allows me to use it on internet. I have spoken to the house’s landlord it is service provider Bell (I am in CA) and they told me there was a few steps I could follow online and make my own server designated to my Xbox one, however they want me to purchase their router from them with password? I want to use my own router (as I have one Netgear) & settings that make my own server and at the end however it kept saying unable to connect due to  no valid IP address, before I went into my router settings the Ethernet on its own works for xbox but not for my Playstation 3 with the same error msg no valid ip address found(when connected ethernet cable to PS3) ? Any help towards this would be appreciated cheers.

Set your router's wan to DHCP. Then plug the wan port into the ISP's ethernet cable. Plug all of your devices into the lan ports on the router. 

On 1/9/2020 at 3:28 PM, OGXbox Admin said:

Set your router's wan to DHCP. Then plug the wan port into the ISP's ethernet cable. Plug all of your devices into the lan ports on the router. 

Okay thanks for response  I will attempt to change router Dhcp as stated since i do not know how to configure that on my Netgear router. However for your last part of statement connecting other devices via router lan ports I did exactly that it gave me some errpr msg.

Edited by GamerOne

The error I am getting after connecting all wires & router to laptop :

Running Windows diagnostics :

Windows can't detect the network settings.

Wireless network connection doesn't have valid Ip address.

The default gateway is not accessible.

The dhcp issue is out of my domain knowledge and scope at the moment?