OGXbox.com

Hey All

PoppaDre

42 minutes ago, PoppaDre said:

New member here. I have a V1.0 with a SHARP chip im looking to update the bios and put in a bigger hard drive!

here is a great guide on SHARP TSOP flashing:

...  Upgrading hard drives is easy once your TSOP is modded.  I recommend Seagate Barracuda 2TB.  They have nice 256mb cache to help loading times, but any size/spec drive will do.  Up to 750GB are available in IDE.  Anything larger will need a IDE->SATA adapter and an 80-wire IDE cable.

I have used 2TB drives with 64mb, 128mb, and 256mb cache sizes.  I noticed boot/load times got faster with each increase.  Not enough to say anyone NEEDS 256mb cache.  But for a new drive purchase, you might as well get the best. Especially since cost difference is minimal in rotational HDD's anymore.

Edited by pir8man

Also, while in your xbox.... If you have not already, remove your clock capacitor.  New dashboards all update clock on boot-up via ntp.  If your 1.0 xbox has not already started leaking from the clock capacitor, it will fail soon anyway.  Best to remove the problem before it occurs.  :)