OGXbox.com

sidocious

Hi All,

I found many different informations about the CheapLPC MOD (CheapMOD) and I try to install it to v1.4 and v1.6 versions. But I think I made a mistake or something else the problem, that is why I have questions.

This was the first step. eurasia.nu cheapmod (web archive). I used it to create the PCB. SST 49LF020A in it. Flashed with evox.m8.v16.bin (256KB).

The question, is there any REAL and usable diagram to soldering and wiring it in any version of xbox?

Can I use the mentioned bios version?

I would like to use the PCB version of CheapMOD, not the wired one.

Thanks for any help!

33 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

Don’t know about the cheapmod but you can get a working Aladdin chip for a few dollars nowadays......

Hi, thank, usually I bought many of them, and yesterday bought 15 of them on Ebay :)

But I have 10 of CheapLPC so if that is possible, I'd like to use them too ;) And it is an experience for me...

I had to laugh at the pic's in that TUT fitting a $2 cheap mod to a flashable Xbox.

Well I suppose it gives a use for the 49LF020a chips replaced by the 49LF080 chips from the Aladdin upgrades and if you are supper cheap don't use a IC socket just solder to the legs of the chip

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

18 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I had to laugh at the pic's in that TUT fitting a $2 cheap mod to a flashable Xbox.

Well I suppose it gives a use for the 49LF020a chips replaced by the 49LF080 chips from the Aladdin upgrades and if you are supper cheap don't use a IC socket just solder to the legs of the chip

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

Yes, it is one of the oldest "modchip" but I do not like to waste my 10 pcb and 49LF020A :) And the solder the legs is disgusting :) I know that is works (or I think that is works) but really ugly :)